|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||Sep.22 2022||E6-1 #1323||2022 가을학기 응집물리 및 광학 세미나 전체 일정|
|161||DEC. 26 (Wed), 04:00 PM||E6-1. 3rd fl. #3434||Y. Kim, A. Go, K. Hwang and E.-G. Moon||Informal Workshop on Topology and Correlation|
|160||DEC. 16~18 (Sun~Tue)||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Keisuke Totsuka||Lectures on 2d Conformal Field Theory|
|159||Dec. 15 (Fri.), 9:20 AM||E6-2, Lecture Room #1323||Prof. Jhinhwan Lee 외 9명||Workshop on Magnetism in Unconventional Superconductors 개최|
|158||Dec. 13-14(Wed.-Thu.) 13:30 PM||자연과학동 대형강의실 (1501호)||장기주 교수 외 9명||KAIST-KIAS Joint Workshop in Theoretical Sciences 개최|
|157||Dec. 12th (Mon)||1:30p.m. #1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dongjoon Song , AIST||“Possible symmetry in the phase diagrams of electron- & hole-doped cuprate high-Tc superconductors”|
|156||DEC. 11 (Tue), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Hiroshi Shinaoka||Natural compact representation of Matsubara Green’s functions: applications to analytic continuation and quantum many-body simulations|
|155||Dec. 11 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||online||Hyobin Yoo(Sogang Univ.)||Atomic and electronic reconstruction at van der Waals interface in twisted 2D materials|
|154||Dec. 11 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||online||Myung Hwa Jung(Sogang Univ.)||Antisymmetric interlayer exchange coupling in magnetic multilayers|
|153||Dec 27 (Fri), 3:00 PM||#5318, E6-2||Han Gyeol Suh||The superconducting order parameter puzzle of Sr2RuO4|
|152||August. 6th (TUE), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Kanghyun Chu||Visualization of in-plane piezoresponse vector fields|
|151||August. 1st (Thu), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Hyeok Yoon||Low-density Superconductivity in SrTiO3 Probed by Planar Tunneling Spectroscopy|
|150||August. 16th (Fri), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jinxing Zhang||Multiferroic and Magnetoelectric Effects by Tailoring Interfacial Chemistry and Physics in Correlated Oxides|
|149||August. 14th (Wed.), 4:00PM,||Rm. 1323, E6||Prof. Nicolas Treps||Quantum Optics, at the heart of quantum metrology and quantum information|
|148||August 27 (Tue.), 4:00PM||Rm. 1323, E6||Hiroshi Eisaki||Critical current properties of Fe-based superconductors|
|147||August 1, 2018 at 11:00AM||양분순 빌딩 (E16-1) 207호||이대열 교수, 예일대 석좌교수||Future of AI: Is the brain a computer?|
|146||Aug.18 (Thr), 10:00 AM||E6-1 #1323||Dr. Kyoung-Min Kim (Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems, IBS)||Disorder-driven phase transition in the second-order non-Hermitian skin effect|
|145||Aug.17 (Wed), 11:00AM||E6-6 #118호||최준희 박사(Caltech IQIM, Postdoctoral Scholar)||Robust Hamiltonian Engineering of Large Quantum Systems (큰 양자시스템의 견고한 해밀토니안 엔지니어링)|
|144||Aug.12(Fri.) 10:00AM, 2022||E6-1 #1323||Dr. Moon Jip Park (Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems, IBS)||Twisted Bilayer Magnets|
|143||Aug. 9 (Tue), 14:00 PM||KI building (E4), Lecture Room Red (B501)||Dr. YoungChan Kim (Quantum Biophotonics Group, University of Surrey, UK)||Quantum biology in fluorescent protein: a new model system to study quantum effects in biology|
|142||Aug. 8th (Mon), 14:00||E6-2 #2502||Prof. Soonwon Choi(MIT)||Classical Shadow Tomography for Analog Quantum Simulators|