|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|180||July 13, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Prof. Ian Lewis (The University of Kansas, Department of Physics & Astronomy)||Loop Induced Single Top Partner Production and Decay at the LHC|
|179||July 2, 2020 (Thursday)||Zoom Video Conference Seminar||Dr. Emmanuel Flurin (CEA Saclay)||An irreversible qubit-photon coupling for the detection of itinerant microwave photons|
|178||July 2. 2018 (Monday) 3:00 PM||Seminar Room (C303), Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Dr. Peter Winter (Argonne National Laboratory)||High Precision Magnetic Field Measurement for the Muon g-2 Experiment|
|177||July 21 - August 2||E6-2,# 5318||Junmou Chen/Thomas Flacke/Kaoru Hagiwara/Junichi Kanzaki/Chris Kelso/Jeong Han Kim/Kyoungchul Kong/Gabriel Lee/Hye-Sung Lee/Ian Lewis||Challenges and Opportunities in Theoretical Particle Physics 2019|
|176||July 25(Thur.),4:00PM||E6-2, #1323||Prof.Bohm-Jung Yang||Band topology of twisted bilayer graphene|
|175||July 26, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Manki Kim (Department of Physics, Cornell University)||Inflation in String Theory and Backreaction|
|174||July 27, 2018 at 15:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Dr. Hyejung Kim(Technische University Dresden)||Muon g-2 in the 2HDM and MSSM: comprehensive numerical analysis and absolute maxima|
|173||July 30 (Tue), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Mingu Kang||Dirac fermions and flat bands in correlated kagome metals|
|172||July 31(Wed.)/ 16:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Ivan Borzenets||Features of ballistic superconducting graphene|
|171||July 8(Mon), 14:00||E6, #1322||T. L. M. Guedes (Univ. of Konstanz)||Ultrabroadband squeezed pulses and their relation to relativity|
|170||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|169||July. 14 (Fri.), 3:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jun Hyun Lee / University of Maryland||Chiral anomaly in disordered Weyl semimetals|
|168||Jun 1 (Wed) 4 PM||#1323(E6-2 1st fl.)||Kil-Byoung Chai, Caltech||Laboratory experiments relevant to mesospheric clouds, Saturn’s rings & astrophysical jets|
|167||Jun 22(Tue) 17:00||Zoom webinar||Wei Han (Peking University, China)||Spintronics meets Quantum Materials|
|166||Jun 24 (Mon) 11:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Henning Schomerus||Topological photonic anomalies|
|165||Jun 28, 14:00||E6-2, #1322||Dr. Bongjae Kim, Dr. Sooran Kim, Dr. Jeongwoon Hwang||1st Research-exchange meeting of computational material physics|
|164||Jun 8 (Tue), 10:00 AM||Zoom webinar||Toshihiko Baba (Yokohama National University, Japan)||Photonic crystal devices for sensing|
|163||Jun. 01 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Sae Hong||Topological phases in low-dimensional quantum materials|
|162||Jun. 1(Wed) 10:30 AM||BK21 Conference Room (#1318, E6-2)||Dr. Noriaki Horiuchi, Editor, Nature Photonics||Welcome to Nature Photonics|
|161||Jun. 11 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online seminar||Dr. Jin Woong Cha(KRISS)||Engineering sound waves and vibrations in multi-mode nanomechanical systems|