|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|27||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Donghun Lee||Quantum sensing and imaging with diamond defect centers for nano-scale spin physics|
|26||Nov. 04 (Fri), 3:00 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Dohun Kim, Department of Physics and Astronomy, SNU||Quantum information experiments using few electron spins in semiconductors|
|25||September 5 (Wed.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Dirk Wulferding||Shining a light on fractional excitations|
|24||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|23||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Daniel Kyungdeock Park||Quantum Advantage in Learning Parity with Noise|
|22||May 16, 2016 (Mon) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st Fl.)||Dr. Daniel Bowring , Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory||Tuning microwave cavities with biased nonlinear dielectrics for axion searches|
|21||2015/11/19, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Daesu Lee (University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Emergent Collective Phenomena and Functions at Reduced Dimensions|
|20||2015/12/02, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Dae-Jeong Kim (Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Irvine)||Samarium Hexaboride: Is it a Topological insulator?|
|19||Oct. 07 (Fri), 4:00 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Choong Hyun Kim,IBS-CCES, Seoul National University||“Tilt engineering of 4d and 5d transition metal oxides?”|
|18||Apr. 08 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||E6-2. 5st fl. #1501||Dr. Changyoung Kim, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIV.||Spectroscopic studies of iron-based superconductors : what have we learned?|
|17||Sep. 4 (Tue), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Dr. Changmin Lee, MIT||Ultrafast time- and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (tr-ARPES) with extreme ultraviolet laser pulses|
|16||Apr. 28 (Thu.) 3PM||#2501(E6-2. 2nd fl.)||Dr. Chang Hee Sohn, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY||Lattice/Spin/Charge Coupling in 5d Pyrochlore Cd2Os2O7|
|15||Oct. 18 (Tue.), 1:30 PM||1st fl. #1323(E6-2)||Dr. Chan-Ho Yang, Department of Physics, KAIST||"Visualization of oxygen vacancy in motion and the interplay with electronic conduction"|
|14||JAN. 7 (Mon), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Dr. Byoung min Kang||Many-Body Invariants for Multipoles in Higher-Order Topological Insulators|
|13||Feb. 12 (Mon), 3:00pm||#C303, (Creation Hall 3F, KAIST Munji Campus)||Dr. Byeongsu Yang, Kamioka Observatory, Univ. of Tokyo||The recent result of XMASS Experiment|
|12||May 11 (Wed.), 4 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Bumjoon Kim, Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research||The quest for novel high-temperature superconductors---Prospects and progress in iridates|
|11||Jun 28, 14:00||E6-2, #1322||Dr. Bongjae Kim, Dr. Sooran Kim, Dr. Jeongwoon Hwang||1st Research-exchange meeting of computational material physics|
|10||Nov. 11th (Fri), 4 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Bohm-Jung Yang, SNU||Dirac fermions in condensed matters|
|9||2016/1/11, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. B.J.Kim (Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research)||Mott Physics in the Strong Spin-Orbit Coupling Regime|
|8||Apr. 5 (Tue.), 4PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1322||Dr. Ara Go, Columbia University||A new impurity solver for multi-orbital systems: adaptive truncation of the Hilbert space|