|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|200||May 2 (Thu.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joon Ik Jang||Anomalous optical properties of halide perovskites|
|199||April 11 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hyoung Lee, GIST||Massive screening for cathode active materials using deep neural network|
|198||September 20 (Thu.), 16:00||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hiuk Son||Toward Cancer Treatment Using Terahertz Radiation: Demethylation of Cancer DNA|
|197||October 18 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jongseok Lee||Applications of nonlinear optics for condensed matter researches|
|196||May 9 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jong-Soo Rhyee||Recent advances in thermoelectric bulk composites|
|195||2017.1.9(Mon), 4PM||Lecture Hall, College of Natural Sciences [#1501,E6-2]||Prof. John Michael Kosterlitz, Brown University||Topological Defects and Phase Transitions"|
|194||Jul. 28 (Thu.) 4PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Johannes Pollanen, Jerry Cowen Chair of Experimental Physics at Michigan State University||Low Dimensional Electrons: On the Road to Hybrid Quantum Systems|
|193||April 23 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Johan Chang||From Mott physics to high-temperature superconductivity|
|192||November 14 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Ji-Hun Kang||Semi-classical model of polariton propagation|
|191||Dec. 15 (Fri.), 9:20 AM||E6-2, Lecture Room #1323||Prof. Jhinhwan Lee 외 9명||Workshop on Magnetism in Unconventional Superconductors 개최|
|190||November 7 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Je-Hyung Kim||Integrated quantum photonics with solid-state quantum emitters|
|189||May 29 (Tue.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jae-Won Jang||Investigation on metal nanostructure/semiconductor junction and its applications|
|188||July 13, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Prof. Ian Lewis (The University of Kansas, Department of Physics & Astronomy)||Loop Induced Single Top Partner Production and Decay at the LHC|
|187||DEC. 11 (Tue), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Hiroshi Shinaoka||Natural compact representation of Matsubara Green’s functions: applications to analytic continuation and quantum many-body simulations|
|186||AUG. 31 (Thu.), 2 PM||#5318(E6-2. 5th fl.)||Prof. Hiroaki Ishizuka (The University of Tokyo)||“Berry phase and nonlinear response: photocurrent in noncentrosymmetric insulators and Weyl semimetals”|
|185||May 31 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Guido Burkard||Cavity QED with Spin Qubits|
|184||2015/07/23,1:30PM||E4, B401||Prof. Gilles Lérondel (Univ. of Technology of Troyes)||Enhanced ZnO based UV photonics and related applications|
|183||February 21 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#5313, E6-2||Prof. Diptimoy Ghosh||B-meson charged current anomalies - Theoretical status|
|182||2016/03/07-06/13||E6, 1501||Prof. David Helfman(KAIST) 외||Physics Colloquium : 2016 Spring|