|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|152||5. 2(월),16:00||E6, #1501||유상운교수 (한밭대)||What can we learn from the history of science and technology?(우리말강의)|
|151||5. 23(월),16:00||E6, #1501||김준성교수 (postech 물리학과)||Novel electronic transport in topological van der Waals magnets|
|150||5.16(월),16:00||E6, #1501||조규붕교수 (HKUST)||Design synthetic topological matter with atoms and lights|
|149||5. 30(월), 16:00||E6, #1501||공수현교수 (고려대학교 물리학과)||Light manipulation using 2D layered semiconductors|
|148||2015/10/23-12/4 10:30 AM||E6, #1501||Prof. YongKeun Park & Prof. Tae-Young Yoon||How to write a good scientific paper[Open lecture series]|
|147||July 8(Mon), 14:00||E6, #1322||T. L. M. Guedes (Univ. of Konstanz)||Ultrabroadband squeezed pulses and their relation to relativity|
|146||May. 25th (Wed), 14:00||E6 Room(#2501)||Dr. Duk-Hyun Choe(Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology)||Atomic-level insights into ferroelectric switching and preferred orientation of ultrathin hafnia|
|145||Nov. 22th (Thur), 15:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Prof. Suprijadi Haryono||Experimental and Computational Study on Physical Properties based on Granular System|
|144||August. 1st (Thu), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Hyeok Yoon||Low-density Superconductivity in SrTiO3 Probed by Planar Tunneling Spectroscopy|
|143||August. 16th (Fri), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jinxing Zhang||Multiferroic and Magnetoelectric Effects by Tailoring Interfacial Chemistry and Physics in Correlated Oxides|
|142||August. 6th (TUE), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Kanghyun Chu||Visualization of in-plane piezoresponse vector fields|
|141||May. 8th (Wed), 16:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jieun Lee||Imaging valley dependent electron transport in 2D semiconductors|
|140||June 23th (Thur), 11:00||E6 Room(#1322)||Sun Yool Park(Joint Institute for Laboratory Astrophysics (JILA) & University of Colorado)||JILA’s search for the electron’s Electric Dipole Moment (eEDM) to probe physics beyond the standard model|
|139||4pm, 28th April||E6 1323||유경식 (KAIST 전기및전자공학부)||(광학분야 특별세미나)Adiabaticity and symmetry in optical waveguide design|
|138||4pm, 14th April||E6 1323||신승우 (KAIST 물리학과)||(광학분야 특별세미나)Holographic tomography of dielectric tensors at optical frequency|
|137||4pm, 10th May||E6 1323||권혁준 (Korea Institute for Advanced Study, KIAS)||(광학분야 특별세미나)Testing quantum thermodynamics using quantum optics|
|136||4pm, 26th May||E6 1323||황민수 (Department of Physics, Korea University)||(광학분야 특별세미나)Topological photonic devices|
|135||10AM, 29th Mar. / 13:30 PM, 30th Mar.||E6 #1501/zoom, E6 #2502/zoom||Dr. RYO HANAI (APCTP)||Non-reciprocal phase transitions|
|134||10AM, 31th Mar.||E6 #1501/zoom||Dr. Samuel Begg (APCTP)||Weiss fields for Quantum Spin Dynamics|
|133||Jan. 25th (Tue), 15:00||E6 #1501/online||Junhyun Lee (Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey)||Emulating twisted double bilayer graphene with a multiorbital optical lattice|