|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|44||Apr. 19(Tue.), 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Mark Koepke, Department of Physics and Astronomy, West Virginia University, USA||Nonlocal collisional electron transport in partially ionized plasma generation, structure, and stability|
|43||Jul. 08 (Fri.) 11:00 AM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michael Lawler(Binghampton Univ. / Cornell Univ.)||Isostatic magnetism|
|42||Jul. 07 (Thu.) 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Eun Ah Kim, CORNELL UNIV.||Let there be topological superconductors|
|41||Jul. 08 (Fri.) 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Junhyun Lee, Harvard University||Electronic quasiparticles in the quantum dimer model|
|40||Jul. 28 (Thu.) 4PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Johannes Pollanen, Jerry Cowen Chair of Experimental Physics at Michigan State University||Low Dimensional Electrons: On the Road to Hybrid Quantum Systems|
|39||Nov. 11th(Fri), 1:30 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Keun Su Kim, POSTECH||Bandgap Engineering of Black Phosphorus|
|38||Nov. 11th (Fri), 4 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Bohm-Jung Yang, SNU||Dirac fermions in condensed matters|
|37||Nov. 16 (Wed), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Heung-Sik Kim , University of Toronto||Realizing Haldane Model in Fe-based Honeycomb Ferromagnetic Insulators|
|36||Nov. 24(Thu) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jai-Min Choi, Chonbuk National Univiersity||Harmonic oscillator physics with single atoms in a state-selective optical potential|
|35||Nov. 29(Tue) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. SungBin Lee, KAIST||Symmetry Protected Kondo Metals and Their Phase Transitions|
|34||Dec. 8(Thu) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jinhyoung Lee, Hanyang University||Dynamical Resonance between Two Optical Cavities via Optomechanical Oscillator|
|33||Dec. 9(Fri), 1:30 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jae Yoon Cho, POSTECH||Entanglement area law in strongly-correlated systems|
|32||Feb. 1 (Wed.), 2p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michihisa Yamamoto, Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo||Quantum electron optics using flying electrons|
|31||Dec. 9(Fri), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.||Dr. Kun Woo Kim, KIAS||Shift Charge and Spin Photocurrents in Dirac Surface States of Topological Insulator|
|30||May 16, 2016 (Mon) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st Fl.)||Dr. Daniel Bowring , Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory||Tuning microwave cavities with biased nonlinear dielectrics for axion searches|
|29||May 19 (Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Heedeuk Shin, POSTECH||Nonlinear/quantum optical effect in silicon nano-photonics|
|28||May 31 (Tue.) 4 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Kimin Kim, KAIST||Understanding 3D tokamak physics towards advanced control of toroidal plasma|
|27||Jun. 16 (Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Hyochul Kim, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology||Quantum information processing using quantum dots and photonic crystal cavities|
|26||Sep. 22, 2016(Thu), 3:30 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Haiyang Yan (Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry)||Polarized 3He, Polarized Neutrons and New Interactions beyond the Standard Model|
|25||Sep. 22, 2016(Thu), 3:30 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Haiyang Yan (Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry)||Polarized 3He, Polarized Neutrons and New Interactions beyond the Standard Model|