|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|293||Aug. 16 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1322 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Noejung Park (UNIST)||Phonon-driven spin-Floquet valleytro-magnetism|
|292||Mar. 24 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl. E6-2)||Dr. SangWook Lee||Graphene based nano electronics and nano electromechanics; focusing on precise control of nano structures for studying accurate physical properties|
|291||Mar. 24 (Fri.), 2:30 PM||#1323 (1st fl. E6-2).||Dr. MahnSoo Choi||Topological Dynamics|
|290||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 2:30 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. MinChul Lee(Department of Applied Physics, Kyung Hee Univ.)||Quantum Resistor-Capacitor Circuit with Majorana Edge States|
|289||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. SungDae Ji (Max Planck POSTECH/Hshinchu Center (MPK))||Expedition to the Kitaev Quantum Spin Liquid: Hunting for Majorana fermions|
|288||June 14, 2016 (Tue) 3PM||#1323 (E6-2 1st fl.)||Prof. Seungyong Hahn, Florida State University||No-Insulation High Temperature Superconductor Magnet Technology for Compact, Reliable, and Low-Cost High Field DC Magnets|
|287||April 13 (Fri.), 10am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Sungkun Hong||Quantum meets Mechanics: from Quantum Information to Fundamental Research|
|286||April 11 (Wed), 1:30pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Yongsoo Yang||Probing 3D Structure and Physical Properties of Materials at the Single-Atom Level|
|285||April 11 (Wed), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Young-Sik Ra||Non-Gaussian states of multimode light generated via hybrid quantum information processing|
|284||October 16 (Wed), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Jaewon Song||Emergent black holes and monopoles from quantum fields|
|283||October 29 (Tue.), 10:00am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Prof. Se Kwon Kim||Unconventional Spin Transport in Quantum Materials|
|282||October 29 (Tue.), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Seung-Joo Lee||Particles and Gravity via String Geometry|
|281||October 31 (Thu.), 10:00am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Seung-Sup Lee||Kondo meets Hubbard: Impurity physics for correlated lattices|
|280||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Sang Wook Kim||Maxwell's demon in quantum wonderland|
|279||Apr. 28 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Minkyung Jung Research Institute, DGIST||Carbon nanotubes coupled to superconducting impedance matching circuits|
|278||July. 14 (Fri.), 3:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jun Hyun Lee / University of Maryland||Chiral anomaly in disordered Weyl semimetals|
|277||Sep. 12 (Tue.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||Exact Solution for the Interacting Kitaev Chain at Symmetric Point|
|276||Sep. 13 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||An Introduction to Quantum Spin Liquids|
|275||Sep. 26 (Tue.), 11AM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Yukiaki Ishida / ISSP, University of Tokyo||Time-resolved ARPES study of Dirac and topological materials|
|274||Nov. 28 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Samindranath Mitra, Editor at Physical Review Letters||Physics after the lab and the desk: Your work in PRL|