|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|130||November 5 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Shik Shin||Study on nanomaterials by the development of ultrahigh resolution laser-photoelectron microscopy (PEEM)|
|129||November 20 (Wed.), 4:00 PM||#5302, E6-2||Dr. Shigeyuki Ishida||Correlation between superconducting transition temperature and critical current density in irradiated iron-based superconductors|
|128||February 13th (Thur.), 16:30 PM||E6-6, #119||Dr. Seyoon Kim(University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Enhanced Light-Matter Interactions in Graphene with Noble Metal Plasmonic Structures|
|127||October 31 (Thu.), 10:00am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Seung-Sup Lee||Kondo meets Hubbard: Impurity physics for correlated lattices|
|126||Apr. 09 (Mon.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung-Sup B. Lee||Doublon-holon origin of the subpeaks at the Hubbard band edges|
|125||October 29 (Tue.), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Seung-Joo Lee||Particles and Gravity via String Geometry|
|124||Jun. 01 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Sae Hong||Topological phases in low-dimensional quantum materials|
|123||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Hyub Baek||Epitaxial Multifunctional Oxide Thin Films for Novel Electronics|
|122||2016/1/26, 2PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Sergei V. Kalinin (Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory)||Electrochemistry on Nano- and Atomic Levels: Scanning Probe Microscopy Meets Deep Data|
|121||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seok Kyun Son||Graphene and hBN heterostructures|
|120||June 17 (Mon.), 10:30 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. See-Hun Yang||Chiral Spintronics|
|119||2015/07/15, 2PM||E6-2,1323||Dr. Se Young Park(Rutgers Univ.)||Electronic and optical properties of titanate-based oxide superlattices|
|118||Sep. 29th(Thu), 4PM||E6-2 #1323 (1st floor)||Dr. Sangyoon Han, Department of Physics, KAIST||Large-scale Silicon Photonic MEMS Switches|
|117||Mar. 24 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl. E6-2)||Dr. SangWook Lee||Graphene based nano electronics and nano electromechanics; focusing on precise control of nano structures for studying accurate physical properties|
|116||2015/12/03, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Sang-Yun Lee (3rd institute of Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany)||Hybrid solid state spin qubits in wide bandgap semiconductors|
|115||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Sang Wook Kim||Maxwell's demon in quantum wonderland|
|114||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices – from twisted bilayer graphene to quasicrystal|
|113||2015/10/16, 3PM||E6-2, 5th fl. #5318||Dr. Pierre Pugnat , (CNRS-LNCMI)||High Magnetic Fields to Probe the sub-eV range of Particle/Astroparticle Physics - From the OSQAR experiments at CERN up to new perspectives at LNCMI-Grenoble|
|112||July 2. 2018 (Monday) 3:00 PM||Seminar Room (C303), Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Dr. Peter Winter (Argonne National Laboratory)||High Precision Magnetic Field Measurement for the Muon g-2 Experiment|
|111||Jun. 1(Wed) 10:30 AM||BK21 Conference Room (#1318, E6-2)||Dr. Noriaki Horiuchi, Editor, Nature Photonics||Welcome to Nature Photonics|