|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|122||Jun. 16 (Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Hyochul Kim, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology||Quantum information processing using quantum dots and photonic crystal cavities|
|121||June 27 (Thu), 2:00 PM||#2502, E6-2||Hyun-Yong Lee||Gapless Kitaev Spin Liquid to Loop and String Gases|
|120||May. 8th (Wed), 16:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jieun Lee||Imaging valley dependent electron transport in 2D semiconductors|
|119||May. 8th (Wed), 16:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jieun Lee||Imaging valley dependent electron transport in 2D semiconductors|
|118||August. 16th (Fri), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jinxing Zhang||Multiferroic and Magnetoelectric Effects by Tailoring Interfacial Chemistry and Physics in Correlated Oxides|
|117||Sep10(Tue), 15:00||#2502, E6-2||Jun Ho Son||(2+1) D Duality Web from 3D Euclidean Lattice|
|116||July 21 - August 2||E6-2,# 5318||Junmou Chen/Thomas Flacke/Kaoru Hagiwara/Junichi Kanzaki/Chris Kelso/Jeong Han Kim/Kyoungchul Kong/Gabriel Lee/Hye-Sung Lee/Ian Lewis||Challenges and Opportunities in Theoretical Particle Physics 2019|
|115||August. 6th (TUE), 14:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Kanghyun Chu||Visualization of in-plane piezoresponse vector fields|
|114||2012/02/13-05/14||E6, 1501||Kenji Ohmori (Photo-Molecular Science, IMS)||Physics Colloquium : 2012 Spring|
|113||Jun 1 (Wed) 4 PM||#1323(E6-2 1st fl.)||Kil-Byoung Chai, Caltech||Laboratory experiments relevant to mesospheric clouds, Saturn’s rings & astrophysical jets|
|112||Jul 3rd, 2019 (Wed)||E6-2, 2501||Kyung Soo Choi||Many-body quantum electrodynamis (QED) with atoms and photons: A new platform for quantum optics"|
|111||July 26, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Manki Kim (Department of Physics, Cornell University)||Inflation in String Theory and Backreaction|
|110||January 23, 2019||Rm. C303, Creation Hall (3F), Munji Campus||Mikko Mottonen||Ultrasensitive Microwave Bolometer: Opportunity for Axion Detectors|
|109||Oct. 17th (Mon) 11:00 AM||#1323,(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Nguyen Quang Liem, Institute of Materials Science, VAST, Viettnam||IMS and examples of the studies on optoelectronic materials|
|108||8/19 (Mon), 10:00~11:30, 8/22 (Thur), 10:00~11:30||Rm. 1322, E6-2||Nicolas Treps||Tutorials on Multimode Quantum Optics in the Continuous Variable Regime|
|107||2019. 8. 22 4PM & 8. 23 3PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Andrew N Cleland||Physics and Applications in Nanoelectronics and Nonomechanics|
|106||Aug. 4, 2016 (Thu.), 2:30 pm||KAIST Natural Science Building (E6-5), EDU 3.0 Room(1st fl.)||Prof. Argyris Nicolaidis||Relational Logic (with applications to Quantum Mechanics, String Theory, Cosmology, Neutrino Oscillations, Statistical Mechanics)|
|105||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|104||May 30 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Chang-Hee Cho||Tuning the excitonic properties of semiconductors with light-matter interactions|
|103||2014/12/22, 2PM||E6, Rm1319||Prof. Changbong Hyeon (KIAS)||Dynamics of molecular motors: Power stroke vs Brownian ratchet|