|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|189||October 18 (Thu.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Duyoung Min||Understanding membrane protein folding using single-molecule force techniques|
|188||October 16 (Tue.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Won-Ki Cho||Capturing protein cluster dynamics and gene expression output in live cells|
|187||October 15 (Mon.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yongjoo Baek||Universal properties of macroscopic current-carrying systems|
|186||October 11 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joung-Real Ahn||Dirac electrons in a graphene quasicrystal|
|185||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. HyungWoo Lee||Direct observation of a two-dimensional hole gas at oxide interfaces|
|184||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Daniel Kyungdeock Park||Quantum Advantage in Learning Parity with Noise|
|183||October 4 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soo Jin Kim||Engineering light absorption in an ultrathin semiconductor metafilm|
|182||September 20 (Thu.), 16:00||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hiuk Son||Toward Cancer Treatment Using Terahertz Radiation: Demethylation of Cancer DNA|
|181||September 5 (Wed.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Dirk Wulferding||Shining a light on fractional excitations|
|180||Sep. 4 (Tue), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Dr. Changmin Lee, MIT||Ultrafast time- and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (tr-ARPES) with extreme ultraviolet laser pulses|
|179||2018년 9월 7일 (금), 3PM||학술문화관 (E9), 2층 양승택 오디토리움||Prof. Martin Head-Gordon, UC Berkeley||Recent developments in density functional theory: From new functionals to the nature of the chemical bond|
|178||August 1, 2018 at 11:00AM||양분순 빌딩 (E16-1) 207호||이대열 교수, 예일대 석좌교수||Future of AI: Is the brain a computer?|
|177||July 26, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Manki Kim (Department of Physics, Cornell University)||Inflation in String Theory and Backreaction|
|176||July 27, 2018 at 15:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Dr. Hyejung Kim(Technische University Dresden)||Muon g-2 in the 2HDM and MSSM: comprehensive numerical analysis and absolute maxima|
|175||July 13, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Prof. Ian Lewis (The University of Kansas, Department of Physics & Astronomy)||Loop Induced Single Top Partner Production and Decay at the LHC|
|174||Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 17:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6)||Dr. Jae Hyeok Yoo (University of California, Santa Barbara, Department of Physics)||The MilliQan Experiment: Search for Milli-Charged Particles at the LHC|
|173||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|172||June 27 (Wed.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jung Sik Park||Magnetic reversal of artificial spin ice|
|171||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|170||July 2. 2018 (Monday) 3:00 PM||Seminar Room (C303), Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Dr. Peter Winter (Argonne National Laboratory)||High Precision Magnetic Field Measurement for the Muon g-2 Experiment|