|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|248||July 30 (Tue), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Mingu Kang||Dirac fermions and flat bands in correlated kagome metals|
|247||July 21 - August 2||E6-2,# 5318||Junmou Chen/Thomas Flacke/Kaoru Hagiwara/Junichi Kanzaki/Chris Kelso/Jeong Han Kim/Kyoungchul Kong/Gabriel Lee/Hye-Sung Lee/Ian Lewis||Challenges and Opportunities in Theoretical Particle Physics 2019|
|246||July 25(Thur.),4:00PM||E6-2, #1323||Prof.Bohm-Jung Yang||Band topology of twisted bilayer graphene|
|245||2019. 7. 16(화)||Rm. 1323 (E6-2)||Prof. Sidney Nagel||2019 Physics Distinguished Lecture|
|244||July 8(Mon), 14:00||E6, #1322||T. L. M. Guedes (Univ. of Konstanz)||Ultrabroadband squeezed pulses and their relation to relativity|
|243||Jun 28, 14:00||E6-2, #1322||Dr. Bongjae Kim, Dr. Sooran Kim, Dr. Jeongwoon Hwang||1st Research-exchange meeting of computational material physics|
|242||June 27 (Thu), 2:00 PM||#2502, E6-2||Hyun-Yong Lee||Gapless Kitaev Spin Liquid to Loop and String Gases|
|241||June 28 (Fri.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yusuke Kozuka||Magnetic domains and domain wall conduction in pyrochlore iridate thin films and heterostructures|
|240||Jun 24 (Mon) 11:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Henning Schomerus||Topological photonic anomalies|
|239||Jul 3rd, 2019 (Wed)||E6-2, 2501||Kyung Soo Choi||Many-body quantum electrodynamis (QED) with atoms and photons: A new platform for quantum optics"|
|238||July 10 (Wed.), 04:00 PM-||Academic Cltural Complex (E9) 5층 스카이라운지||Prof. Sidney Nagel/Young-Kee Kim||Public Lectures|
|237||June 17 (Mon.), 10:30 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. See-Hun Yang||Chiral Spintronics|
|236||3 PM, 12 Jun (Wed), 2019||Rm# 1323, E6-2||Dr. Minyoung You||The relation between free and interacting fermionic SPT phases|
|235||June 4 (Tue.), 5:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Minsu Kim||Stochastic nature of bacterial eradication using antibiotics|
|234||May 30 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Chang-Hee Cho||Tuning the excitonic properties of semiconductors with light-matter interactions|
|233||May 24 (Fri.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soonjae Moon||Infrared spectroscopy study on metal-insulator transitions in layered perovskite iridates|
|232||May 31 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Guido Burkard||Cavity QED with Spin Qubits|
|231||May 21 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#5318, E6-2||임준원 박사||Classification of flat bands according to the band-crossing singularity of Bloch wave functions|
|230||May 9 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Kwang Geol Lee||Quantum Optical Sensing Using Single Photons And Single Photon Emission from Single Emitters|
|229||May. 8th (Wed), 16:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jieun Lee||Imaging valley dependent electron transport in 2D semiconductors|