|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/03/21 - 5/30||Seminar Room #1323||Dr. Hyangtag Lim (KIST) and etc.||Spring 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/02/25 - 06/03||Seminar Room 1501||양용수 교수 (Prof. Yongsoo Yang, KAIST) and etc.||Spring 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|207||Dec. 26 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Isaac H. Kim||Brane-like defect in 3D toric code|
|206||DEC. 16~18 (Sun~Tue)||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Keisuke Totsuka||Lectures on 2d Conformal Field Theory|
|205||DEC. 11 (Tue), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Hiroshi Shinaoka||Natural compact representation of Matsubara Green’s functions: applications to analytic continuation and quantum many-body simulations|
|204||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Joon Ho Jang||Novel probes of interacting electrons in 2D systems|
|203||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Gyung Min Choi||Spin generation from heat and light in metals|
|202||November 29 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kee suk Hong||양자 칸델라 실현을 위한 단일 광자 발생장치 개발|
|201||NOV. 23 (Fri), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Sang-Jin Sin||Entanglement string and Spin Liquid with Holographic duality|
|200||Nov. 22th (Thur), 15:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Prof. Suprijadi Haryono||Experimental and Computational Study on Physical Properties based on Granular System|
|199||November 21 (Wed.), 15:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Seongshik Oh||Engineering topological quantum physics at the atomic scale|
|198||November 8 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||이종완 박사||Conformality lost|
|197||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Donghun Lee||Quantum sensing and imaging with diamond defect centers for nano-scale spin physics|
|196||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices – from twisted bilayer graphene to quasicrystal|
|195||November 1 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. KyeoReh Lee||Direct holography from a single snapshot|
|194||October 26 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kyusung Hwang||Coexisting triple-point and nodal-line topological magnons and thermal Hall effect in pyrochlore iridates|
|193||October 25 (Thu.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Gang Li||Abelian and non-Abelian dark photons|
|192||October 24 (Wed.), 10:30 AM||E6-1, Lecture Room 1501(1F)||Prof. Kerry J. Vahala||Photonic integration of next-generation clocks and Hertz-absolute-accuarcy optical frequenncy synthesizers|
|191||October 18 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jongseok Lee||Applications of nonlinear optics for condensed matter researches|
|190||October 19 (Fri.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jongsoo Yoo||Energy conversion processes during magnetic reconnection in a laboratory plasma|
|189||October 18 (Thu.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Duyoung Min||Understanding membrane protein folding using single-molecule force techniques|
|188||October 16 (Tue.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Won-Ki Cho||Capturing protein cluster dynamics and gene expression output in live cells|