|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|226||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices – from twisted bilayer graphene to quasicrystal|
|225||Nov. 8 (Wed.), 1:00 PM||#5318 (E6-2. 5th fl.)||Prof. Y. Matsuda Department of Physics, Kyoto University||“Emergent exotic quasiparticles in quantum spin liquids”|
|224||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. SungDae Ji (Max Planck POSTECH/Hshinchu Center (MPK))||Expedition to the Kitaev Quantum Spin Liquid: Hunting for Majorana fermions|
|223||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 2:30 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. MinChul Lee(Department of Applied Physics, Kyung Hee Univ.)||Quantum Resistor-Capacitor Circuit with Majorana Edge States|
|222||Nov. 29(Tue) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. SungBin Lee, KAIST||Symmetry Protected Kondo Metals and Their Phase Transitions|
|221||Nov. 28 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Samindranath Mitra, Editor at Physical Review Letters||Physics after the lab and the desk: Your work in PRL|
|220||Nov. 24(Thu) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jai-Min Choi, Chonbuk National Univiersity||Harmonic oscillator physics with single atoms in a state-selective optical potential|
|219||NOV. 23 (Fri), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Sang-Jin Sin||Entanglement string and Spin Liquid with Holographic duality|
|218||Nov. 22th (Thur), 15:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Prof. Suprijadi Haryono||Experimental and Computational Study on Physical Properties based on Granular System|
|217||Nov. 1st (Tue), 10:30AM||#1323(E6-2 1st fl.)||Dr. Gadi Eisenstein, Technion||Time scale dependent dynamics in InAs/InP quantum dot gain media|
|216||Nov. 18th (Fri) 10:30 a.m.||#5318(5th fl.)||Dr. 최 순 원, Havard University||Non-equilibrium many-body spin dynamics in diamond|
|215||Nov. 16 (Wed), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Heung-Sik Kim , University of Toronto||Realizing Haldane Model in Fe-based Honeycomb Ferromagnetic Insulators|
|214||Nov. 11th(Fri), 1:30 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Keun Su Kim, POSTECH||Bandgap Engineering of Black Phosphorus|
|213||Nov. 11th (Fri), 4 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Bohm-Jung Yang, SNU||Dirac fermions in condensed matters|
|212||Nov. 10th(Thu) 4 p.m.||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Prof. Min Seok Jang, Electrical Engineering, KAIST||Low Dimensional Active Plasmonics and Electron Optics in Graphene|
|211||Nov. 1 (Tue.) 2:30 pm||Seminar Room #1323(E6-2)||Prof. Youngjoon Kwon, Yonsei Univ.||Search for dark sector particles in the B-factory experiments|
|210||Nov. 1 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Ju-Jin Kim||Electron transport through weak-bonded contact metal with low dimensional nano-material|
|209||Nov. 1 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungWook Kim||Squeezing the best out of 2D materials|
|208||Nov. 04 (Fri), 3:00 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Dohun Kim, Department of Physics and Astronomy, SNU||Quantum information experiments using few electron spins in semiconductors|
|207||Nov. 04 (Fri), 1:30 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Jonghyun Song, Department of Physics, Chungnam National University||Exotic phenomena at oxide LaAlO3/SrTiO3 hetero-interface and their applications|