|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|233||Oct. 18 (Tue.), 3PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. JunHo Suh, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science||“Hybrid quantum systems with mechanical oscillators”|
|232||May. 12 (Fri.), 01:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Young Kuk Kim||Topological Dirac insulator|
|231||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Euyheon Hwang(황의헌)||Quasiparticle Interference and Fourier transform scanning tunneling spectroscopy in WTe2 (Weyl semimetal)|
|230||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 01:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. EunSeong Kim / Department of Physics, KAIST||Superconductor-metal-insulator transition in thin Tantalum films|
|229||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Quantum Electronic Transport in Graphene Hybrid Nanostructures|
|228||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Unexpected Electron-Pairing in Integer Quantum Hall Effect|
|227||Mar. 16 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. JinHee Kim||산화물 다층박막에서의 다양한 물리현상|
|226||Mar. 16 (Fri.), 04:0 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungDuck Kim||Van der Waals Heterostructures from Quantum Transport to Ultrafast Optoelectronics|
|225||Apr. 09 (Mon.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung-Sup B. Lee||Doublon-holon origin of the subpeaks at the Hubbard band edges|
|224||May. 11 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Kun Woo Kim||Disordered Floquet topological insulators|
|223||May. 11 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Nam Kim||암페어 단위 재정의와 단전자 펌프 소자 개발|
|222||May. 17 (Thu.), 01:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Yong-Baek Kim University of Toronto||Quantum Spin Liquid in Kitaev Materials|
|221||Jun. 01 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Sae Hong||Topological phases in low-dimensional quantum materials|
|220||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices – from twisted bilayer graphene to quasicrystal|
|219||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Donghun Lee||Quantum sensing and imaging with diamond defect centers for nano-scale spin physics|
|218||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Gyung Min Choi||Spin generation from heat and light in metals|
|217||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Joon Ho Jang||Novel probes of interacting electrons in 2D systems|
|216||DEC. 11 (Tue), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Hiroshi Shinaoka||Natural compact representation of Matsubara Green’s functions: applications to analytic continuation and quantum many-body simulations|
|215||DEC. 16~18 (Sun~Tue)||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Keisuke Totsuka||Lectures on 2d Conformal Field Theory|
|214||Dec. 26 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Isaac H. Kim||Brane-like defect in 3D toric code|