|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|285||October 16 (Wed), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Jaewon Song||Emergent black holes and monopoles from quantum fields|
|284||October 16 (Tue.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Won-Ki Cho||Capturing protein cluster dynamics and gene expression output in live cells|
|283||October 15, 5:00pm||https://bit.ly/3ndIiJn||Dr. Samuli Autti||Time crystals, quasicrystals, and time crystal dynamics in the superfluid universe|
|282||October 15, 2020 (Thursday||CAPP Seminar Room #C303, Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Gil-Ho Lee (POSTECH)||Graphene-based Josephson junction microwave bolometer|
|281||October 15 (Tue.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices and graphene quasicrystal|
|280||October 15 (Mon.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yongjoo Baek||Universal properties of macroscopic current-carrying systems|
|279||October 11 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joung-Real Ahn||Dirac electrons in a graphene quasicrystal|
|278||Oct. 27th(Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2)||Dr. 이 강 희, KAIST, Mechnical Engineering||Terahertz Metal Optics|
|277||Oct. 25 (Fri), 15:00 ~||#1323, E6-2||Daesu Lee,Junwoo Son,MyungJoon Han ,Siheon Ryee,Eun-Gook Moon||Physics Seminar|
|276||Oct. 18 (Tue.), 3PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. JunHo Suh, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science||“Hybrid quantum systems with mechanical oscillators”|
|275||Oct. 18 (Tue.), 1:30 PM||1st fl. #1323(E6-2)||Dr. Chan-Ho Yang, Department of Physics, KAIST||"Visualization of oxygen vacancy in motion and the interplay with electronic conduction"|
|274||Oct. 17th (Mon) 11:00 AM||#1323,(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Nguyen Quang Liem, Institute of Materials Science, VAST, Viettnam||IMS and examples of the studies on optoelectronic materials|
|273||Oct. 16 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||https://kaist.zoom.us/j/89198078609||Dr. Daesu Lee||Hidden room-temperature ferroelectricity in CaTiO3 revealed by a metastable octahedral rotation pattern|
|272||Oct. 16 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||https://kaist.zoom.us/j/89198078609||Dr. Chulki Kim||Nanoscale magnetic resonance detection towards nano MRI|
|271||Oct. 15, 4pm||(https://kaist.zoom.us/j/93997220310)||정현석 교수님 (SNU)||Towards resource-efficient and fault-tolerant quantum computation with nonclassical light|
|270||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. HyungWoo Lee||Direct observation of a two-dimensional hole gas at oxide interfaces|
|269||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Daniel Kyungdeock Park||Quantum Advantage in Learning Parity with Noise|
|268||Oct. 10(Tue) 4PM||E6-2 #1323||김성웅 교수 (성균관대학교 에너지과학과)||Discovery of New 2D Materials with Diverse Physical Properties|
|267||Oct. 07 (Fri), 4:00 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Choong Hyun Kim,IBS-CCES, Seoul National University||“Tilt engineering of 4d and 5d transition metal oxides?”|
|266||Oct. 07 (Fri), 1:30 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Suk Bum Chung, IBS-CCES , Seoul National University||“Symmetry and topology in transition metal dichalcogenide?”|