|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|116||Apr. 19(Tue.), 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Mark Koepke, Department of Physics and Astronomy, West Virginia University, USA||Nonlocal collisional electron transport in partially ionized plasma generation, structure, and stability|
|115||Apr. 9 (Fri.), 10:00 AM||Zoom webinar||Prof. Marko Loncar (Harvard University, USA)||Integrated Lithium Niobate Photonics|
|114||2018년 9월 7일 (금), 3PM||학술문화관 (E9), 2층 양승택 오디토리움||Prof. Martin Head-Gordon, UC Berkeley||Recent developments in density functional theory: From new functionals to the nature of the chemical bond|
|113||Nov. 10th(Thu) 4 p.m.||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Prof. Min Seok Jang, Electrical Engineering, KAIST||Low Dimensional Active Plasmonics and Electron Optics in Graphene|
|112||2015/06/03, 12PM||Room 101, E11||Prof. Min-Kyo, Seo & Hansuek, Lee(KAIST)||The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum|
|111||June 4 (Tue.), 5:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Minsu Kim||Stochastic nature of bacterial eradication using antibiotics|
|110||DEC. 27 (Thu), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Na Young Kim||Quantum Innovation (QuIN) Laboratory|
|109||October 17 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Namkyoo Park||Top down manipulation of Waves : From Metamaterials, Correlated Disorder, Quantum Analogy, to Digital Processing|
|108||August. 14th (Wed.), 4:00PM,||Rm. 1323, E6||Prof. Nicolas Treps||Quantum Optics, at the heart of quantum metrology and quantum information|
|107||Aug. 16 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1322 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Noejung Park (UNIST)||Phonon-driven spin-Floquet valleytro-magnetism|
|106||October 15 (Tue.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices and graphene quasicrystal|
|105||Nov 17th 12:00 PM||Online(Zoom)||Prof. Qiang Lin (Univ. of Rochester, USA)||Quantum- & Nano-Photonics" 세미나 시리즈|
|104||December 2(Wed), 10:00AM||Zoom||Prof. Rakshya Katiwada (Illinois Institute of Technology)||Recent progress in Axion Dark Matter eXperiment (ADMX) technology|
|103||4월 18일(월), 15:30~||KI빌딩(E4), 강의실 B501 (5F)||Prof. Robert A. DiStasio Jr. (Cornell University)||First Principles Approaches for Intermolecular Interactions: From Gas-Phase Dimers to Liquid Water and Molecular Crystal Polymorphism|
|102||2018. 6. 22 10:00am ~ 11:50am||E6-6, Lecture Room 119 (1F)||Prof. Sang Bok Lee, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Univ. of Maryland||Success in Research Career|
|101||NOV. 23 (Fri), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Sang-Jin Sin||Entanglement string and Spin Liquid with Holographic duality|
|100||Feb. 2(Tue) 2:30 PM||Zoom||Prof. Sangsik Kim (Texas Tech University, USA)||Quantum- & Nano-Photonics 세미나(Integrated Nanophotonics with Metamaterials, Microcomb, and Atomic Systems)|
|99||October 29 (Tue.), 10:00am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Prof. Se Kwon Kim||Unconventional Spin Transport in Quantum Materials|
|98||April 08(Fri.) 11:00||E6-1 #1323||Prof. Se-Young Jeong (Optics and Mechatronics Engineering , Pusan National University)||(응집물리 세미나) Flat-surface-assisted physical phenomena occurring in single crystal metal thin film|
|97||November 21 (Wed.), 15:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Seongshik Oh||Engineering topological quantum physics at the atomic scale|