|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|64||June 27 (Wed.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jung Sik Park||Magnetic reversal of artificial spin ice|
|63||November 28 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Kyung Taec Kim||Generation of coherent EUV emissions using ultrashort laser pulses|
|62||November 14 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Ji-Hun Kang||Semi-classical model of polariton propagation|
|61||April 26 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Soonwon Choi||Robust Quantum Metrology using Strongly Interacting Spin Ensembles and Quantum Convolutional Neural Network|
|60||May 1 (Wed), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Sungkyun Choi||Raman and x-ray scattering study on correlated electron systems: two case examples|
|59||December 13 (Fri.), 1:30-4:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Biophysics Mini-symposium at KAIST|
|58||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|57||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|56||November 29 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kee suk Hong||양자 칸델라 실현을 위한 단일 광자 발생장치 개발|
|55||November 7 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Je-Hyung Kim||Integrated quantum photonics with solid-state quantum emitters|
|54||December 3 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jong Mok Ok||Toward Quantum Materials with Correlated Oxides|
|53||December 18 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Shin-ichi Uchida||Road to Higher Tc Superconductivity|
|52||May 29 (Tue.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jae-Won Jang||Investigation on metal nanostructure/semiconductor junction and its applications|
|51||February 20 (Thu), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Seunghyun Khim||Unconventional superconductivity in the locally non-centrosymmetric heavy-fermion CeRh2As2|
|50||May 2 (Thu.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joon Ik Jang||Anomalous optical properties of halide perovskites|
|49||June 28 (Fri.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yusuke Kozuka||Magnetic domains and domain wall conduction in pyrochlore iridate thin films and heterostructures|
|48||October 18 (Thu.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Duyoung Min||Understanding membrane protein folding using single-molecule force techniques|
|47||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|46||January 17 (Fri), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Hiroki Ikegami||Symmetry Breaking and Topology in Superfluid 3He|