|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|50||Nov. 22th (Thur), 15:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Prof. Suprijadi Haryono||Experimental and Computational Study on Physical Properties based on Granular System|
|49||May 311 (Thu.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Teun-Teun Kim||Dynamic control of optical properties with gated-graphene metamaterials|
|48||April 5th 2017, 12:00 ~ 13:00||Room 101, Creative Learning Bldg.(E11)||Prof. Wonho Choe(Dept. of Physics),Prof. Young-chul GHIM(Dept. of Nuclear & Quantum Engineering)||2017년 4월 첫수 융합포럼 개최 안내(물리학과 & 원자력 및 양자공학과 공동 개최)/The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum in April 2017 organized by Dept. of Physics & Dept. of Nuclear & Quantum Engineering|
|47||Nov. 8 (Wed.), 1:00 PM||#5318 (E6-2. 5th fl.)||Prof. Y. Matsuda Department of Physics, Kyoto University||“Emergent exotic quasiparticles in quantum spin liquids”|
|46||Sep. 12 (Tue.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||Exact Solution for the Interacting Kitaev Chain at Symmetric Point|
|45||Sep. 13 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||An Introduction to Quantum Spin Liquids|
|44||May. 17 (Thu.), 01:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Yong-Baek Kim University of Toronto||Quantum Spin Liquid in Kitaev Materials|
|43||2015/10/23-12/4 10:30 AM||E6, #1501||Prof. YongKeun Park & Prof. Tae-Young Yoon||How to write a good scientific paper[Open lecture series]|
|42||April 6, 2017 (Thu), 4:00 pm||IBS CAPP seminar room, Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Youngjoon Kwon (Yonsei University)||For whom the Belle tolls|
|41||Nov. 1 (Tue.) 2:30 pm||Seminar Room #1323(E6-2)||Prof. Youngjoon Kwon, Yonsei Univ.||Search for dark sector particles in the B-factory experiments|
|40||2015/10/16, 4PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Prof. Yung-Fu Chen(Solid-state Laser Physics Laboratory,National Central University)||Fluctuations of entropy production in partially masked electric circuits|
|39||July 25(Thur.),4:00PM||E6-2, #1323||Prof.Bohm-Jung Yang||Band topology of twisted bilayer graphene|
|38||September 18(Wed.), 16:00PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof.David Schuster||Exploring Synthetic Quantum Matter in Superconducting Circuits|
|37||Apr. 27, 2017 (Thu) 4:00 pm||Seminar Room(#1323, E6-2)||Prof.Donghan Lee (Chungnam National Univ.)||반도체 양자점을 이용한 단광자 광원|
|36||Nov. 28 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Samindranath Mitra, Editor at Physical Review Letters||Physics after the lab and the desk: Your work in PRL|
|35||2015/07/16-07/17||E6-2, 1501||Sang-Wook Cheong (Rutgers Univ.)||KAIST Physics Distinguished Lecture|
|34||2016/09/29-12/13||E6-2, #1323||Sangyoon Han 외||2016 Fall, Physics Seminar Serises|
|33||February 20 (Thu), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Seunghyun Khim||Unconventional superconductivity in the locally non-centrosymmetric heavy-fermion CeRh2As2|
|32||July 8(Mon), 14:00||E6, #1322||T. L. M. Guedes (Univ. of Konstanz)||Ultrabroadband squeezed pulses and their relation to relativity|
|31||DEC. 26 (Wed), 04:00 PM||E6-1. 3rd fl. #3434||Y. Kim, A. Go, K. Hwang and E.-G. Moon||Informal Workshop on Topology and Correlation|