|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|66||Apr.19 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Ji-Sang Park||First-principles studies of semiconductors for solar cell applications|
|65||2015/12/11, 3:45PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Ji Hun Sim (POSTECH)||Dynamical mean field theory studies on heavy fermion system|
|64||Apr. 28 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. JeongYoung Park Graduate School of EEWS, KAIST||Hot electron generation at surfaces and its impact to catalysis and renewable energy conversion|
|63||Apr. 12 (Tue.), 4 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Jeehoon Kim, POSTECH||Confinement of Superconducting Vortices in Magnetic Force Microscopy|
|62||2015/09/07, 3PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1318||Dr. Jasbinder Sanghera (U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL))||Advanced Optical Materials and Devices at NRL|
|61||Nov. 24(Thu) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jai-Min Choi, Chonbuk National Univiersity||Harmonic oscillator physics with single atoms in a state-selective optical potential|
|60||October 16 (Wed), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Jaewon Song||Emergent black holes and monopoles from quantum fields|
|59||Dec. 9(Fri), 1:30 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jae Yoon Cho, POSTECH||Entanglement area law in strongly-correlated systems|
|58||Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 17:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6)||Dr. Jae Hyeok Yoo (University of California, Santa Barbara, Department of Physics)||The MilliQan Experiment: Search for Milli-Charged Particles at the LHC|
|57||July 31(Wed.)/ 16:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Ivan Borzenets||Features of ballistic superconducting graphene|
|56||Dec. 26 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Isaac H. Kim||Brane-like defect in 3D toric code|
|55||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. HyungWoo Lee||Direct observation of a two-dimensional hole gas at oxide interfaces|
|54||July 27, 2018 at 15:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Dr. Hyejung Kim(Technische University Dresden)||Muon g-2 in the 2HDM and MSSM: comprehensive numerical analysis and absolute maxima|
|53||May 13 (Fri.) 4 PM||E6. #1501(1st fl.)||Dr. Hosub Jin, Dept. of Physics, UNIST||Graphene analogue in (111)- BaBiO3 bilayer heterostructures for topological electronics|
|52||Nov. 16 (Wed), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Heung-Sik Kim , University of Toronto||Realizing Haldane Model in Fe-based Honeycomb Ferromagnetic Insulators|
|51||Jan.9 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Dr. Heung-Sik Kim||Molecular Mott state in the deficient spinel GaV4S8|
|50||4pm, Sep. 21 (Wed.||E6-2. #2502(2nd fl.)||Dr. Henrik Johannesson , University of Gothenburg (Sweden) and Beijing Computational Science Research Center (China)||Entanglement probe of two-impurity Kondo physics|
|49||Jun 24 (Mon) 11:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Henning Schomerus||Topological photonic anomalies|
|48||2015/10/23, 3PM||E6-2, #5318||Dr. Helmut Soltner (Forschungszentrum Juelich)||Development of a Rogowski Coil as a new beam position monitor|
|47||May 19 (Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Heedeuk Shin, POSTECH||Nonlinear/quantum optical effect in silicon nano-photonics|