|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|92||June 27 (Wed.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jung Sik Park||Magnetic reversal of artificial spin ice|
|91||May 9 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jong-Soo Rhyee||Recent advances in thermoelectric bulk composites|
|90||May 29 (Tue.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jae-Won Jang||Investigation on metal nanostructure/semiconductor junction and its applications|
|89||May 311 (Thu.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Teun-Teun Kim||Dynamic control of optical properties with gated-graphene metamaterials|
|88||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|87||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|86||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|85||October 25 (Thu.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Gang Li||Abelian and non-Abelian dark photons|
|84||October 26 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kyusung Hwang||Coexisting triple-point and nodal-line topological magnons and thermal Hall effect in pyrochlore iridates|
|83||November 1 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. KyeoReh Lee||Direct holography from a single snapshot|
|82||November 8 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||이종완 박사||Conformality lost|
|81||November 21 (Wed.), 15:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Seongshik Oh||Engineering topological quantum physics at the atomic scale|
|80||November 29 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kee suk Hong||양자 칸델라 실현을 위한 단일 광자 발생장치 개발|
|79||April 4 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Su-Hyun Gong||Chiral spin-photon interaction at nanoscale|
|78||April 11 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hyoung Lee, GIST||Massive screening for cathode active materials using deep neural network|
|77||Apr.19 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Ji-Sang Park||First-principles studies of semiconductors for solar cell applications|
|76||April 23 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Johan Chang||From Mott physics to high-temperature superconductivity|
|75||April 26 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Soonwon Choi||Robust Quantum Metrology using Strongly Interacting Spin Ensembles and Quantum Convolutional Neural Network|
|74||May 1 (Wed), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Sungkyun Choi||Raman and x-ray scattering study on correlated electron systems: two case examples|