|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|293||Thursday, July 12, 2018 at 17:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6)||Dr. Jae Hyeok Yoo (University of California, Santa Barbara, Department of Physics)||The MilliQan Experiment: Search for Milli-Charged Particles at the LHC|
|292||Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 3:00 pm||Seminar Room (C303), Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Chunglee Kim (KASI)||Exploring the Universe via GWs in the era of multi-messenger astronomy|
|291||September 5 (Wed.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Dirk Wulferding||Shining a light on fractional excitations|
|290||September 26 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Han Seb Moon||Entanglement Swapping with Autonomous Polarization-Entangled Photon-Pairs from Warm Atomic Ensemble|
|289||September 20 (Thu.), 16:00||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hiuk Son||Toward Cancer Treatment Using Terahertz Radiation: Demethylation of Cancer DNA|
|288||September 18(Wed.), 16:00PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof.David Schuster||Exploring Synthetic Quantum Matter in Superconducting Circuits|
|287||Sep10(Tue), 15:00||#2502, E6-2||Jun Ho Son||(2+1) D Duality Web from 3D Euclidean Lattice|
|286||Sep. 4 (Tue), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Dr. Changmin Lee, MIT||Ultrafast time- and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (tr-ARPES) with extreme ultraviolet laser pulses|
|285||Sep. 29th(Thu), 4PM||E6-2 #1323 (1st floor)||Dr. Sangyoon Han, Department of Physics, KAIST||Large-scale Silicon Photonic MEMS Switches|
|284||Sep. 29 (Thu), 4:00 PM||E6-2. #2501(2nd fl.)||Dr. Minu Kim, Institute for Basic Science, Seoul National University||Exploring the phase diagram of BaBiO3: epic voyage of just another bad trip?|
|283||Sep. 27 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Jindong Song||0D/1D/2D/3D III-V materials grown by MBE for Optelectronics|
|282||Sep. 27 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Joon Sue Lee||Spin-charge conversion in topological insulators for spintronic applications|
|281||Sep. 26 (Tue.), 11AM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Yukiaki Ishida / ISSP, University of Tokyo||Time-resolved ARPES study of Dirac and topological materials|
|280||Sep. 22, 2016(Thu), 3:30 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Haiyang Yan (Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry)||Polarized 3He, Polarized Neutrons and New Interactions beyond the Standard Model|
|279||Sep. 22, 2016(Thu), 3:30 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Haiyang Yan (Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry)||Polarized 3He, Polarized Neutrons and New Interactions beyond the Standard Model|
|278||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Unexpected Electron-Pairing in Integer Quantum Hall Effect|
|277||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Quantum Electronic Transport in Graphene Hybrid Nanostructures|
|276||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 01:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. EunSeong Kim / Department of Physics, KAIST||Superconductor-metal-insulator transition in thin Tantalum films|
|275||Sep. 13 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||An Introduction to Quantum Spin Liquids|
|274||Sep. 12 (Tue.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||Exact Solution for the Interacting Kitaev Chain at Symmetric Point|