|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|141||February 21 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#5313, E6-2||Prof. Diptimoy Ghosh||B-meson charged current anomalies - Theoretical status|
|140||February 20 (Thu), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Seunghyun Khim||Unconventional superconductivity in the locally non-centrosymmetric heavy-fermion CeRh2As2|
|139||February 13th (Thur.), 16:30 PM||E6-6, #119||Dr. Seyoon Kim(University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Enhanced Light-Matter Interactions in Graphene with Noble Metal Plasmonic Structures|
|138||February 12(Web.)||E6-2, #5318||Prof. Kunio Kaneta||From inflation to new weak-scale|
|137||Feb. 25 - Jun 3||Rm. 1501 (E6)||Spring 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|136||Feb. 12 (Mon), 3:00pm||#C303, (Creation Hall 3F, KAIST Munji Campus)||Dr. Byeongsu Yang, Kamioka Observatory, Univ. of Tokyo||The recent result of XMASS Experiment|
|135||Feb. 1 (Wed.), 2p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michihisa Yamamoto, Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo||Quantum electron optics using flying electrons|
|134||December 5 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soon-Hong Kwon||Subwavelenth Photonic Devices: From Single Photon Sources to Solar Cell|
|133||December 3 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jong Mok Ok||Toward Quantum Materials with Correlated Oxides|
|132||December 27(Fri.), 15:00||E6-2,#5318||Han Gyeol Suh||The superconducting order parameter puzzle of Sr2RuO4|
|131||December 18 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Shin-ichi Uchida||Road to Higher Tc Superconductivity|
|130||December 13 (Fri.), 1:30-4:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Biophysics Mini-symposium at KAIST|
|129||December 13 (Fri.), 1:00 PM||#2501, E6-2||Dr. Chang-Jong Kang||Computational Material Designs: Current Status and Future Directions|
|128||Dec. 9(Fri), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.||Dr. Kun Woo Kim, KIAS||Shift Charge and Spin Photocurrents in Dirac Surface States of Topological Insulator|
|127||Dec. 9(Fri), 1:30 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jae Yoon Cho, POSTECH||Entanglement area law in strongly-correlated systems|
|126||Dec. 8(Thu) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jinhyoung Lee, Hanyang University||Dynamical Resonance between Two Optical Cavities via Optomechanical Oscillator|
|125||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Joon Ho Jang||Novel probes of interacting electrons in 2D systems|
|124||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Gyung Min Choi||Spin generation from heat and light in metals|
|123||DEC. 27 (Thu), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Na Young Kim||Quantum Innovation (QuIN) Laboratory|
|122||Dec. 26 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Isaac H. Kim||Brane-like defect in 3D toric code|