|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|223||May 31 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Guido Burkard||Cavity QED with Spin Qubits|
|222||2015/07/23,1:30PM||E4, B401||Prof. Gilles Lérondel (Univ. of Technology of Troyes)||Enhanced ZnO based UV photonics and related applications|
|221||October 15, 2020 (Thursday||CAPP Seminar Room #C303, Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Gil-Ho Lee (POSTECH)||Graphene-based Josephson junction microwave bolometer|
|220||February 21 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#5313, E6-2||Prof. Diptimoy Ghosh||B-meson charged current anomalies - Theoretical status|
|219||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|218||2016/03/07-06/13||E6, 1501||Prof. David Helfman(KAIST) 외||Physics Colloquium : 2016 Spring|
|217||2015/03/04, 12PM||1323호, E6-2||Prof. Choi Hak-Soo(Harvard)||Bioimaging and Biosensing Using Near-Infrared Fluorescence|
|216||May. 3 (Fri), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Prof. Changhee Sohn||Exotic Magnetism|
|215||2014/12/22, 2PM||E6, Rm1319||Prof. Changbong Hyeon (KIAS)||Dynamics of molecular motors: Power stroke vs Brownian ratchet|
|214||May 30 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Chang-Hee Cho||Tuning the excitonic properties of semiconductors with light-matter interactions|
|213||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|212||Mar25(Thur), 04:00PM||Online Seminar (Zoom)||Prof. Atsushi Tokiyasu (Tohoku Univ.)||Search for dark matter axion with Rydberg atoms|
|211||Aug. 4, 2016 (Thu.), 2:30 pm||KAIST Natural Science Building (E6-5), EDU 3.0 Room(1st fl.)||Prof. Argyris Nicolaidis||Relational Logic (with applications to Quantum Mechanics, String Theory, Cosmology, Neutrino Oscillations, Statistical Mechanics)|
|210||2019. 8. 22 4PM & 8. 23 3PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Andrew N Cleland||Physics and Applications in Nanoelectronics and Nonomechanics|
|209||Dec.9(Wed), 10:00AM||Zoom||Prof. Andrew Geraci (Northwestern University)||Searching for the QCD axion with the ARIADNE experiment|
|208||8/19 (Mon), 10:00~11:30, 8/22 (Thur), 10:00~11:30||Rm. 1322, E6-2||Nicolas Treps||Tutorials on Multimode Quantum Optics in the Continuous Variable Regime|
|207||Oct. 17th (Mon) 11:00 AM||#1323,(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Nguyen Quang Liem, Institute of Materials Science, VAST, Viettnam||IMS and examples of the studies on optoelectronic materials|
|206||Nov.26(Thu), 04:00PM||Online(Zoom)||Myung-Ki Kim||2020 가을학기 광학분야 특별세미나(Light Engineering Beyond the Diffraction Limit)|
|205||Dec. 11 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||online||Myung Hwa Jung(Sogang Univ.)||Antisymmetric interlayer exchange coupling in magnetic multilayers|
|204||January 23, 2019||Rm. C303, Creation Hall (3F), Munji Campus||Mikko Mottonen||Ultrasensitive Microwave Bolometer: Opportunity for Axion Detectors|