|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|156||2014/12/22, 2PM||E6, Rm1319||Prof. Changbong Hyeon (KIAS)||Dynamics of molecular motors: Power stroke vs Brownian ratchet|
|155||May. 3 (Fri), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Prof. Changhee Sohn||Exotic Magnetism|
|154||2015/03/04, 12PM||1323호, E6-2||Prof. Choi Hak-Soo(Harvard)||Bioimaging and Biosensing Using Near-Infrared Fluorescence|
|153||2016/03/07-06/13||E6, 1501||Prof. David Helfman(KAIST) 외||Physics Colloquium : 2016 Spring|
|152||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|151||February 21 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#5313, E6-2||Prof. Diptimoy Ghosh||B-meson charged current anomalies - Theoretical status|
|150||June 3(Fri.) 11:00||E6-2 #1323||Prof. Gil Young Cho (Department of Physics, POSTECH)||(응집물리 세미나) Theoretical Investigation of Exotic Quantum States in Low-dimensional Materials|
|149||October 15, 2020 (Thursday||CAPP Seminar Room #C303, Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Gil-Ho Lee (POSTECH)||Graphene-based Josephson junction microwave bolometer|
|148||2015/07/23,1:30PM||E4, B401||Prof. Gilles Lérondel (Univ. of Technology of Troyes)||Enhanced ZnO based UV photonics and related applications|
|147||May 27,(Fri), 11:00 AM||Online seminar||Prof. Gray Rybka(University of Washington)||Current Status and Future Plans of ADMX|
|146||May 31 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Guido Burkard||Cavity QED with Spin Qubits|
|145||AUG. 31 (Thu.), 2 PM||#5318(E6-2. 5th fl.)||Prof. Hiroaki Ishizuka (The University of Tokyo)||“Berry phase and nonlinear response: photocurrent in noncentrosymmetric insulators and Weyl semimetals”|
|144||DEC. 11 (Tue), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Hiroshi Shinaoka||Natural compact representation of Matsubara Green’s functions: applications to analytic continuation and quantum many-body simulations|
|143||July 13, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Prof. Ian Lewis (The University of Kansas, Department of Physics & Astronomy)||Loop Induced Single Top Partner Production and Decay at the LHC|
|142||Oct 23 (Fri.), 14:00 PM||E6-2 #1323||Prof. Ivan Savenko (University of Science and Technology & IBS PCS)||Plasmon spectroscopy of low-dimensional superconductors in fluctuating regime|
|141||May 29 (Tue.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jae-Won Jang||Investigation on metal nanostructure/semiconductor junction and its applications|
|140||November 7 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Je-Hyung Kim||Integrated quantum photonics with solid-state quantum emitters|
|139||Dec. 15 (Fri.), 9:20 AM||E6-2, Lecture Room #1323||Prof. Jhinhwan Lee 외 9명||Workshop on Magnetism in Unconventional Superconductors 개최|
|138||November 14 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Ji-Hun Kang||Semi-classical model of polariton propagation|
|137||July 21, 2022 (Thu) 4:00 PM(KST)||CAPP Seminar Room C303, Creation Hall, KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Jihn E. Kim (Kyoung Hee University)||Quintessential axions|