|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|154||2016/03/11 4 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Tae-Hwan KIM (POSTECH)||Jan. Switching handedness of of chiral solitons in Z4 topological insulators|
|153||Apr. 2 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online(Zoom)||Dr. Tae Hyun Kim (SNU)||Quantum computing and entanglement generation using trapped ions and photons|
|152||May. 14 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online seminar||Dr. Suyong Jung(KRISS)||Electrically tunable spin valve effect in vertical van-der-Waals magnetic tunnel junctions|
|151||2015/11/28, 10AM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Suyong Jung (Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science)||Electron Tunneling Spectroscopy of Single and Bilayer Graphene with Hexagonal Boron Nitride as Tunneling Barrier|
|150||May 1 (Wed), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Sungkyun Choi||Raman and x-ray scattering study on correlated electron systems: two case examples|
|149||April 13 (Fri.), 10am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Sungkun Hong||Quantum meets Mechanics: from Quantum Information to Fundamental Research|
|148||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. SungDae Ji (Max Planck POSTECH/Hshinchu Center (MPK))||Expedition to the Kitaev Quantum Spin Liquid: Hunting for Majorana fermions|
|147||Nov. 29(Tue) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. SungBin Lee, KAIST||Symmetry Protected Kondo Metals and Their Phase Transitions|
|146||Oct. 07 (Fri), 1:30 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Suk Bum Chung, IBS-CCES , Seoul National University||“Symmetry and topology in transition metal dichalcogenide?”|
|145||April 26 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Soonwon Choi||Robust Quantum Metrology using Strongly Interacting Spin Ensembles and Quantum Convolutional Neural Network|
|144||November 5 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Shik Shin||Study on nanomaterials by the development of ultrahigh resolution laser-photoelectron microscopy (PEEM)|
|143||November 20 (Wed.), 4:00 PM||#5302, E6-2||Dr. Shigeyuki Ishida||Correlation between superconducting transition temperature and critical current density in irradiated iron-based superconductors|
|142||February 13th (Thur.), 16:30 PM||E6-6, #119||Dr. Seyoon Kim(University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Enhanced Light-Matter Interactions in Graphene with Noble Metal Plasmonic Structures|
|141||October 31 (Thu.), 10:00am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Seung-Sup Lee||Kondo meets Hubbard: Impurity physics for correlated lattices|
|140||Apr. 09 (Mon.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung-Sup B. Lee||Doublon-holon origin of the subpeaks at the Hubbard band edges|
|139||October 29 (Tue.), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Seung-Joo Lee||Particles and Gravity via String Geometry|
|138||Jun. 01 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Sae Hong||Topological phases in low-dimensional quantum materials|
|137||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Hyub Baek||Epitaxial Multifunctional Oxide Thin Films for Novel Electronics|
|136||2016/1/26, 2PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Sergei V. Kalinin (Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory)||Electrochemistry on Nano- and Atomic Levels: Scanning Probe Microscopy Meets Deep Data|
|135||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seok Kyun Son||Graphene and hBN heterostructures|