|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|246||2015/11/10, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Woosuk Bang (Physics division, Los Alamos National Laboratory)||Rapid heating of matter using high power lasers|
|245||2015/11/19, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Daesu Lee (University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Emergent Collective Phenomena and Functions at Reduced Dimensions|
|244||2015/11/23, 1:30PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Michael Park (Stanford University)||What's Beyond the Standard Model? Lessons from Run I and what might come in Run II|
|243||2015/11/24, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Kab-Jin Kim (Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Japan)||Topology-based understanding of spin dynamics in inhomogeneously magnetized systems|
|242||2015/11/28, 10AM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Suyong Jung (Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science)||Electron Tunneling Spectroscopy of Single and Bilayer Graphene with Hexagonal Boron Nitride as Tunneling Barrier|
|241||2015/12/01, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Yeong Kwan Kim(Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA)||Introducing extra dimensions to spectroscopic studies of advanced quantum materials|
|240||2015/12/02, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Dae-Jeong Kim (Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Irvine)||Samarium Hexaboride: Is it a Topological insulator?|
|239||2015/12/03, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Sang-Yun Lee (3rd institute of Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany)||Hybrid solid state spin qubits in wide bandgap semiconductors|
|»||2015/12/09, 11AM||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)||Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light|
|237||2015/12/09, 2PM||E6-2, #1323||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)||SWELLABLE COLLOIDAL PARTICLES ARE SWELL|
|236||2015/12/11, 1:30PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. KwangYong Choi (Chung-Ang University)||Quantum spin liquid in the 1/3 depleted triangular lattice Ba3(Ru1-xIrx)Ti2O9|
|235||2015/12/11, 3:45PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Ji Hun Sim (POSTECH)||Dynamical mean field theory studies on heavy fermion system|
|234||2015/12/17, 11:00AM||E4(KI Building), Matrix Hall (2nd fl.)||Dr. Jung-Hoon Park (Purdue University)||Wavefront engineering for in-vivo Deep brain imaging|
|233||2016/03/07-06/13||E6, 1501||Prof. David Helfman(KAIST) 외||Physics Colloquium : 2016 Spring|
|232||2016/03/11 1:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Kwon Park||Topological phases of matter in nonequilibrium: Topology of the Wannier-Stark ladder|
|231||2016/03/11 4 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Tae-Hwan KIM (POSTECH)||Jan. Switching handedness of of chiral solitons in Z4 topological insulators|
|230||2016/03/11-06/09||E6-2, 1501 외||박권(KAIS) 외||Physics Seminar Serises : 2016 Spring|
|229||2016/09/05-12/12 4PM||Natual Scien Bldg.(E6)m #1501||Yeong Kwan Kim 외||Physics Colloquium : 2016 Fall|
|228||2016/09/29-12/13||E6-2, #1323||Sangyoon Han 외||2016 Fall, Physics Seminar Serises|
|227||2016/1/11, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. B.J.Kim (Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research)||Mott Physics in the Strong Spin-Orbit Coupling Regime|