|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|76||Apr. 19(Tue.), 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Mark Koepke, Department of Physics and Astronomy, West Virginia University, USA||Nonlocal collisional electron transport in partially ionized plasma generation, structure, and stability|
|75||2018년 9월 7일 (금), 3PM||학술문화관 (E9), 2층 양승택 오디토리움||Prof. Martin Head-Gordon, UC Berkeley||Recent developments in density functional theory: From new functionals to the nature of the chemical bond|
|74||Nov. 10th(Thu) 4 p.m.||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Prof. Min Seok Jang, Electrical Engineering, KAIST||Low Dimensional Active Plasmonics and Electron Optics in Graphene|
|73||2015/06/03, 12PM||Room 101, E11||Prof. Min-Kyo, Seo & Hansuek, Lee(KAIST)||The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum|
|72||June 4 (Tue.), 5:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Minsu Kim||Stochastic nature of bacterial eradication using antibiotics|
|71||DEC. 27 (Thu), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Na Young Kim||Quantum Innovation (QuIN) Laboratory|
|70||October 17 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Namkyoo Park||Top down manipulation of Waves : From Metamaterials, Correlated Disorder, Quantum Analogy, to Digital Processing|
|69||August. 14th (Wed.), 4:00PM,||Rm. 1323, E6||Prof. Nicolas Treps||Quantum Optics, at the heart of quantum metrology and quantum information|
|68||Aug. 16 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1322 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Noejung Park (UNIST)||Phonon-driven spin-Floquet valleytro-magnetism|
|67||October 15 (Tue.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices and graphene quasicrystal|
|66||4월 18일(월), 15:30~||KI빌딩(E4), 강의실 B501 (5F)||Prof. Robert A. DiStasio Jr. (Cornell University)||First Principles Approaches for Intermolecular Interactions: From Gas-Phase Dimers to Liquid Water and Molecular Crystal Polymorphism|
|65||2018. 6. 22 10:00am ~ 11:50am||E6-6, Lecture Room 119 (1F)||Prof. Sang Bok Lee, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Univ. of Maryland||Success in Research Career|
|64||NOV. 23 (Fri), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Sang-Jin Sin||Entanglement string and Spin Liquid with Holographic duality|
|63||October 29 (Tue.), 10:00am||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Prof. Se Kwon Kim||Unconventional Spin Transport in Quantum Materials|
|62||November 21 (Wed.), 15:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Seongshik Oh||Engineering topological quantum physics at the atomic scale|
|61||June 14, 2016 (Tue) 3PM||#1323 (E6-2 1st fl.)||Prof. Seungyong Hahn, Florida State University||No-Insulation High Temperature Superconductor Magnet Technology for Compact, Reliable, and Low-Cost High Field DC Magnets|
|60||December 18 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Shin-ichi Uchida||Road to Higher Tc Superconductivity|
|59||2019. 7. 16(화)||Rm. 1323 (E6-2)||Prof. Sidney Nagel||2019 Physics Distinguished Lecture|
|58||July 10 (Wed.), 04:00 PM-||Academic Cltural Complex (E9) 5층 스카이라운지||Prof. Sidney Nagel/Young-Kee Kim||Public Lectures|
|57||October 4 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soo Jin Kim||Engineering light absorption in an ultrathin semiconductor metafilm|