|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|63||Jun 24 (Mon) 11:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Henning Schomerus||Topological photonic anomalies|
|62||2015/10/23, 3PM||E6-2, #5318||Dr. Helmut Soltner (Forschungszentrum Juelich)||Development of a Rogowski Coil as a new beam position monitor|
|61||Apr. 2 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||Online(Zoom)||Dr. Heejun Yang (KAIST)||Van der Waals heterostructures for orbital gating-based phototransistors and electronic spectroscopy|
|60||May 19 (Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Heedeuk Shin, POSTECH||Nonlinear/quantum optical effect in silicon nano-photonics|
|59||Sep. 22, 2016(Thu), 3:30 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Haiyang Yan (Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry)||Polarized 3He, Polarized Neutrons and New Interactions beyond the Standard Model|
|58||Sep. 22, 2016(Thu), 3:30 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Haiyang Yan (Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry)||Polarized 3He, Polarized Neutrons and New Interactions beyond the Standard Model|
|57||2015/09/14, 2PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Dr. Hae Ja Lee ( Stanford University, SLAC )||Ultrafast X-ray Studies on Dynamics Matter in Extreme Conditions|
|56||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Gyung Min Choi||Spin generation from heat and light in metals|
|55||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Unexpected Electron-Pairing in Integer Quantum Hall Effect|
|54||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Quantum Electronic Transport in Graphene Hybrid Nanostructures|
|53||October 25 (Thu.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Gang Li||Abelian and non-Abelian dark photons|
|52||Nov. 1st (Tue), 10:30AM||#1323(E6-2 1st fl.)||Dr. Gadi Eisenstein, Technion||Time scale dependent dynamics in InAs/InP quantum dot gain media|
|51||April 4, 2016 (Mon) - April 8, 2016 (Fri)||KAIST Natural Science Building (E6-2), RM #4314||Dr. Fritz Caspers (CERN)||Radio frequency engineering|
|50||May 24 (Tue) 4 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Euyheon Hwang, SKKU Advanced Institute of Nanotechnology, Sung Kyung Kwan University||Electronic and magnetic properties of 2D transition-metal thiophosphates and tunability of magnetic order with carrier density|
|49||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Euyheon Hwang(황의헌)||Quasiparticle Interference and Fourier transform scanning tunneling spectroscopy in WTe2 (Weyl semimetal)|
|48||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 01:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. EunSeong Kim / Department of Physics, KAIST||Superconductor-metal-insulator transition in thin Tantalum films|
|47||Jul. 07 (Thu.) 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Eun Ah Kim, CORNELL UNIV.||Let there be topological superconductors|
|46||2015/08/04, 11PM||B501, Room Red, KI bldg. 5nd fl.||Dr. Eric Jin Ser Lee(Univ. of Manitoba, Canada)||Propagation of ultrasound through two- and three-dimensional strongly scattering media|
|45||July 2, 2020 (Thursday)||Zoom Video Conference Seminar||Dr. Emmanuel Flurin (CEA Saclay)||An irreversible qubit-photon coupling for the detection of itinerant microwave photons|
|44||October 18 (Thu.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Duyoung Min||Understanding membrane protein folding using single-molecule force techniques|