|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|214||3 PM, 12 Jun (Wed), 2019||Rm# 1323, E6-2||Dr. Minyoung You||The relation between free and interacting fermionic SPT phases|
|213||April 26 (Tue), 4PM||#1323(1st Floor. E6-2)||Dr. Myung-Ho Bae, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science||Transport spectroscopy for electronic bands in carbon-based nanomaterials with weak-bond contacts|
|212||May. 11 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Nam Kim||암페어 단위 재정의와 단전자 펌프 소자 개발|
|211||Jun. 1(Wed) 10:30 AM||BK21 Conference Room (#1318, E6-2)||Dr. Noriaki Horiuchi, Editor, Nature Photonics||Welcome to Nature Photonics|
|210||July 2. 2018 (Monday) 3:00 PM||Seminar Room (C303), Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Dr. Peter Winter (Argonne National Laboratory)||High Precision Magnetic Field Measurement for the Muon g-2 Experiment|
|209||2015/10/16, 3PM||E6-2, 5th fl. #5318||Dr. Pierre Pugnat , (CNRS-LNCMI)||High Magnetic Fields to Probe the sub-eV range of Particle/Astroparticle Physics - From the OSQAR experiments at CERN up to new perspectives at LNCMI-Grenoble|
|208||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices – from twisted bilayer graphene to quasicrystal|
|207||October 15, 5:00pm||https://bit.ly/3ndIiJn||Dr. Samuli Autti||Time crystals, quasicrystals, and time crystal dynamics in the superfluid universe|
|206||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Sang Wook Kim||Maxwell's demon in quantum wonderland|
|205||2015/12/03, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Sang-Yun Lee (3rd institute of Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany)||Hybrid solid state spin qubits in wide bandgap semiconductors|
|204||Mar. 24 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl. E6-2)||Dr. SangWook Lee||Graphene based nano electronics and nano electromechanics; focusing on precise control of nano structures for studying accurate physical properties|
|203||Sep. 29th(Thu), 4PM||E6-2 #1323 (1st floor)||Dr. Sangyoon Han, Department of Physics, KAIST||Large-scale Silicon Photonic MEMS Switches|
|202||2015/07/15, 2PM||E6-2,1323||Dr. Se Young Park(Rutgers Univ.)||Electronic and optical properties of titanate-based oxide superlattices|
|201||June 17 (Mon.), 10:30 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. See-Hun Yang||Chiral Spintronics|
|200||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seok Kyun Son||Graphene and hBN heterostructures|
|199||2016/1/26, 2PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Sergei V. Kalinin (Center for Nanophase Materials Sciences, Oak Ridge National Laboratory)||Electrochemistry on Nano- and Atomic Levels: Scanning Probe Microscopy Meets Deep Data|
|198||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Hyub Baek||Epitaxial Multifunctional Oxide Thin Films for Novel Electronics|
|197||Jun. 01 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Sae Hong||Topological phases in low-dimensional quantum materials|
|196||October 29 (Tue.), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Seung-Joo Lee||Particles and Gravity via String Geometry|
|195||Apr. 09 (Mon.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung-Sup B. Lee||Doublon-holon origin of the subpeaks at the Hubbard band edges|