|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|68||Nov. 28 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Samindranath Mitra, Editor at Physical Review Letters||Physics after the lab and the desk: Your work in PRL|
|67||2015/07/16-07/17||E6-2, 1501||Sang-Wook Cheong (Rutgers Univ.)||KAIST Physics Distinguished Lecture|
|66||Nov. 2(Tue) 04:00pm||자연과학동(E6-2) #1323||Sangjin Lee(IBS-CALDES)||Metrology of Band Topology via Resonant Inelastic X-ray Scattering|
|65||2016/09/29-12/13||E6-2, #1323||Sangyoon Han 외||2016 Fall, Physics Seminar Serises|
|64||February 20 (Thu), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Seunghyun Khim||Unconventional superconductivity in the locally non-centrosymmetric heavy-fermion CeRh2As2|
|63||Jan. 11th(Tue), 15:00||E6 #1501||Soyeun Kim(UIUC)||Ultrafast optical studies on CDW collective modes of the Weyl-CDW (TaSe4)2I|
|62||June 23th (Thur), 11:00||E6 Room(#1322)||Sun Yool Park(Joint Institute for Laboratory Astrophysics (JILA) & University of Colorado)||JILA’s search for the electron’s Electric Dipole Moment (eEDM) to probe physics beyond the standard model|
|61||July 8(Mon), 14:00||E6, #1322||T. L. M. Guedes (Univ. of Konstanz)||Ultrabroadband squeezed pulses and their relation to relativity|
|60||Sep. 14(Mon) 17:30~||Zoom webinar||Teruo Ono (Kyoto U. Japan)||KAIST Global Forum for Spin and Beyond (Third Forum)|
|59||Jun 8 (Tue), 10:00 AM||Zoom webinar||Toshihiko Baba (Yokohama National University, Japan)||Photonic crystal devices for sensing|
|58||Jun 22(Tue) 17:00||Zoom webinar||Wei Han (Peking University, China)||Spintronics meets Quantum Materials|
|57||DEC. 26 (Wed), 04:00 PM||E6-1. 3rd fl. #3434||Y. Kim, A. Go, K. Hwang and E.-G. Moon||Informal Workshop on Topology and Correlation|
|56||Jan.28(Thu), 03:00PM||Zoom||Yaroslav Tserkovnyak (UCLA)||Topological Transport of Deconfined Hedgehogs in Magnets|
|55||2016/09/05-12/12 4PM||Natual Scien Bldg.(E6)m #1501||Yeong Kwan Kim 외||Physics Colloquium : 2016 Fall|
|54||Dec.10(Thu), 01:55 PM||Zoom||Yin Wen (University of Tokyo)||Consistency of Boltzmann equation and light dark matter from inflaton decay|
|53||2012/04/02, 4PM||E6, 1501||Yong Hee Jeong||A new route to ferroelectricity in magnetic spinels: a case of Co2MnO4|
|52||Feb.15(Mon), 05:00PM||Zoom||Yoshichika Otani(Tokyo Univ.)||Magnetic Cluster Octupole Domain evolutation in chiral antiferromagnets|
|51||Jun. 14 (Tue) 4PM||Seminar Room (#2502, 2nd fl.)||Young-Sik Ra, Université Pierre et Marie Curie||Photonic quantum network based on multimode squeezed vacuums and single-photon subtraction|
|50||Jan. 18(Tue), 2pm-3pm||KI bldg. 5th fl. Room B501 & Zoom||YoungJu Jo (Stanford University)||Data-driven interrogation of biological dynamics: from subcellular interactions to neuronal networks in vivo|
|49||2013/03/11-06/10||E6, 1501||강명수교수(KAIST) 외||Physics Colloquium : 2013 Spring|