|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|280||Oct. 18 (Tue.), 1:30 PM||1st fl. #1323(E6-2)||Dr. Chan-Ho Yang, Department of Physics, KAIST||"Visualization of oxygen vacancy in motion and the interplay with electronic conduction"|
|279||July 10 (Wed.), 04:00 PM-||Academic Cltural Complex (E9) 5층 스카이라운지||Prof. Sidney Nagel/Young-Kee Kim||Public Lectures|
|278||2015/08/04, 11PM||B501, Room Red, KI bldg. 5nd fl.||Dr. Eric Jin Ser Lee(Univ. of Manitoba, Canada)||Propagation of ultrasound through two- and three-dimensional strongly scattering media|
|277||Jun. 1(Wed) 10:30 AM||BK21 Conference Room (#1318, E6-2)||Dr. Noriaki Horiuchi, Editor, Nature Photonics||Welcome to Nature Photonics|
|276||October 15, 2020 (Thursday||CAPP Seminar Room #C303, Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Gil-Ho Lee (POSTECH)||Graphene-based Josephson junction microwave bolometer|
|275||July 21, 2022 (Thu) 4:00 PM(KST)||CAPP Seminar Room C303, Creation Hall, KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Jihn E. Kim (Kyoung Hee University)||Quintessential axions|
|274||2015/03/13, 2PM||Connect Room, KI Bldg.||The 15th Innovative Workshop on Soft/Bio Materials|
|»||2015/12/09, 11AM||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)||Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light|
|272||2015/12/17, 11:00AM||E4(KI Building), Matrix Hall (2nd fl.)||Dr. Jung-Hoon Park (Purdue University)||Wavefront engineering for in-vivo Deep brain imaging|
|271||2015/07/23,1:30PM||E4, B401||Prof. Gilles Lérondel (Univ. of Technology of Troyes)||Enhanced ZnO based UV photonics and related applications|
|270||Apr. 13(Wed.) 10:30Am||E6 #1323/zoom||Mingu Kang (Max Planck POSTECH Korea Research Initiative)||Harnessing topology and correlations from singularities in 3d-kagome metals|
|269||Jan. 26th (Tue), 13:00||E6 #1501||Dr. Hyojin Jung (NIMS)||An Introduction to Cohomology groups|
|268||Jan. 11th(Tue), 15:00||E6 #1501||Soyeun Kim(UIUC)||Ultrafast optical studies on CDW collective modes of the Weyl-CDW (TaSe4)2I|
|267||Aug. 1st(Mon), 10:00AM||E6 #1501 & Zoom||손상모 박사(Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI)||James Webb Space Telescope & OTE Commissioning|
|266||Jul. 14th (THU), 15:00||E6 #1501 & Zoom||Dr. Sunghun Kim(Institute of Natural Science, KAIST)||Pure two-dimensional quantum electron liquid and its phase transition|
|265||Jul. 14th (THU), 14:15||E6 #1501 & Zoom||Dr. Hyeong Jun LEE(Institute of Natural Science, KAIST)||Hund and electronic correlations in ruthenium-based systems|
|264||Jul. 14th (THU), 13:30||E6 #1501 & Zoom||Dr. Jahyun Koo(Institute of Natural Science, KAIST)||Electronic structure and anomalous transport properties of topological materials by first principle calculation|
|263||Jan. 25th (Tue), 15:00||E6 #1501/online||Junhyun Lee (Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey)||Emulating twisted double bilayer graphene with a multiorbital optical lattice|
|262||10AM, 31th Mar.||E6 #1501/zoom||Dr. Samuel Begg (APCTP)||Weiss fields for Quantum Spin Dynamics|
|261||10AM, 29th Mar. / 13:30 PM, 30th Mar.||E6 #1501/zoom, E6 #2502/zoom||Dr. RYO HANAI (APCTP)||Non-reciprocal phase transitions|