|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|302||2015/06/03, 12PM||Room 101, E11||Prof. Min-Kyo, Seo & Hansuek, Lee(KAIST)||The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum|
|301||April 5th 2017, 12:00 ~ 13:00||Room 101, Creative Learning Bldg.(E11)||Prof. Wonho Choe(Dept. of Physics),Prof. Young-chul GHIM(Dept. of Nuclear & Quantum Engineering)||2017년 4월 첫수 융합포럼 개최 안내(물리학과 & 원자력 및 양자공학과 공동 개최)/The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum in April 2017 organized by Dept. of Physics & Dept. of Nuclear & Quantum Engineering|
|300||January 23, 2019||Rm. C303, Creation Hall (3F), Munji Campus||Mikko Mottonen||Ultrasensitive Microwave Bolometer: Opportunity for Axion Detectors|
|299||Feb. 25 - Jun 3||Rm. 1501 (E6)||Spring 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|298||-||RM. 1323, E6-2||Spring 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|297||August 27 (Tue.), 4:00PM||Rm. 1323, E6||Hiroshi Eisaki||Critical current properties of Fe-based superconductors|
|296||August. 14th (Wed.), 4:00PM,||Rm. 1323, E6||Prof. Nicolas Treps||Quantum Optics, at the heart of quantum metrology and quantum information|
|295||2019. 7. 16(화)||Rm. 1323 (E6-2)||Prof. Sidney Nagel||2019 Physics Distinguished Lecture|
|294||8/19 (Mon), 10:00~11:30, 8/22 (Thur), 10:00~11:30||Rm. 1322, E6-2||Nicolas Treps||Tutorials on Multimode Quantum Optics in the Continuous Variable Regime|
|293||3 PM, 12 Jun (Wed), 2019||Rm# 1323, E6-2||Dr. Minyoung You||The relation between free and interacting fermionic SPT phases|
|292||Apr. 2 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||Online(Zoom)||Dr. Heejun Yang (KAIST)||Van der Waals heterostructures for orbital gating-based phototransistors and electronic spectroscopy|
|291||Apr. 2 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online(Zoom)||Dr. Tae Hyun Kim (SNU)||Quantum computing and entanglement generation using trapped ions and photons|
|290||Nov.26(Thu), 04:00PM||Online(Zoom)||Myung-Ki Kim||2020 가을학기 광학분야 특별세미나(Light Engineering Beyond the Diffraction Limit)|
|289||Nov 17th 12:00 PM||Online(Zoom)||Prof. Qiang Lin (Univ. of Rochester, USA)||Quantum- & Nano-Photonics" 세미나 시리즈|
|288||Mar25(Thur), 04:00PM||Online Seminar (Zoom)||Prof. Atsushi Tokiyasu (Tohoku Univ.)||Search for dark matter axion with Rydberg atoms|
|287||7월 29일(목) 오후 2시 ~ 오후 4시||Online seminar||Dr. Kunio Kaneta(KIAS)||Gravitationally Induced Dark Sector and Inflationary Dynamics|
|286||Jun. 11 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||Online seminar||Dr. Keun Su Kim(Yonsei University)||Pseudogap in surface-doped black phosphorus|
|285||Jun. 11 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online seminar||Dr. Jin Woong Cha(KRISS)||Engineering sound waves and vibrations in multi-mode nanomechanical systems|
|284||May. 14 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||Online seminar||Dr. Je-Hyung Kim(UNIST)||Spatial and temporal separation of environmental dephasing sources from solid-state quantum emitters|
|283||May. 14 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online seminar||Dr. Suyong Jung(KRISS)||Electrically tunable spin valve effect in vertical van-der-Waals magnetic tunnel junctions|