|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|112||Apr. 2 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online(Zoom)||Dr. Tae Hyun Kim (SNU)||Quantum computing and entanglement generation using trapped ions and photons|
|111||Apr. 19(Tue.), 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Mark Koepke, Department of Physics and Astronomy, West Virginia University, USA||Nonlocal collisional electron transport in partially ionized plasma generation, structure, and stability|
|110||Apr. 19(Mon) 19:00||Zoom webinar||Chia-Ling Chien (Johns Hopkins, USA)||Evidence of Electrical Switching in Antiferromagnets and Coherent Spin Pumping|
|109||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seok Kyun Son||Graphene and hBN heterostructures|
|108||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungWoo Nam||A family of finite-temperature electronic phase transitions in graphene multilayers|
|107||Apr. 13(Wed.) 10:30Am||E6 #1323/zoom||Mingu Kang (Max Planck POSTECH Korea Research Initiative)||Harnessing topology and correlations from singularities in 3d-kagome metals|
|106||Apr. 12 (Tue.), 4 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Jeehoon Kim, POSTECH||Confinement of Superconducting Vortices in Magnetic Force Microscopy|
|105||Apr. 1(Fri.), 04:00 PM||Zoom webinar||Dr. Kayoung Lee (KAIST)||High-field Electron Transport and Interaction Induced Phenomena in 2D Materials|
|104||Apr. 09 (Mon.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung-Sup B. Lee||Doublon-holon origin of the subpeaks at the Hubbard band edges|
|103||Apr. 08 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||E6-2. 5st fl. #1501||Dr. Changyoung Kim, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIV.||Spectroscopic studies of iron-based superconductors : what have we learned?|
|102||Apr. 08 (Fri.), 13:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Yunkyu Bang, Chonnam National Univ.||Theoretical Overview of Iron-based superconductors and its future|
|101||Apr. 01 (Fri.) 4:15 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. JONG SOO LIM, KIAS||Cotunneling drag effect in Coulomb-coupled quantum dots|
|100||Apr. 01 (Fri.) 2:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. KICHEON KANG, Chonnam National University||Interference of single charged particles without a loop and dynamic nonlocality|
|99||8/19 (Mon), 10:00~11:30, 8/22 (Thur), 10:00~11:30||Rm. 1322, E6-2||Nicolas Treps||Tutorials on Multimode Quantum Optics in the Continuous Variable Regime|
|98||7월 29일(목) 오후 2시 ~ 오후 4시||Online seminar||Dr. Kunio Kaneta(KIAS)||Gravitationally Induced Dark Sector and Inflationary Dynamics|
|97||5월27일(목) 오후4시||온라인||박소현 박사(CERN) / 이혜성 교수(KAIST)||찾아가는 물리연구 현장(유럽 입자물리학연구소 소개)|
|96||5월 17일(화), 11:00 ~ 12:00||창의학습관(E11), 406호||방준혁 박사(Korea Basic Science Institute, KBSI)||The CERN Resonant WISP Search: Development, Results and Lesson-Learned|
|95||5.16(월),16:00||E6, #1501||조규붕교수 (HKUST)||Design synthetic topological matter with atoms and lights|
|94||5. 9(월),16:00||E6, #1501||김창영교수 (서울대)||Searching for new electronic properties in correlated material flatland|
|93||5. 30(월), 16:00||E6, #1501||공수현교수 (고려대학교 물리학과)||Light manipulation using 2D layered semiconductors|