|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|139||Oct. 07 (Fri), 1:30 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Suk Bum Chung, IBS-CCES , Seoul National University||“Symmetry and topology in transition metal dichalcogenide?”|
|138||May 24 (Tue) 4 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Euyheon Hwang, SKKU Advanced Institute of Nanotechnology, Sung Kyung Kwan University||Electronic and magnetic properties of 2D transition-metal thiophosphates and tunability of magnetic order with carrier density|
|137||May 11 (Wed.), 4 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Bumjoon Kim, Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research||The quest for novel high-temperature superconductors---Prospects and progress in iridates|
|136||Sep. 29 (Thu), 4:00 PM||E6-2. #2501(2nd fl.)||Dr. Minu Kim, Institute for Basic Science, Seoul National University||Exploring the phase diagram of BaBiO3: epic voyage of just another bad trip?|
|135||4pm, Sep. 21 (Wed.||E6-2. #2502(2nd fl.)||Dr. Henrik Johannesson , University of Gothenburg (Sweden) and Beijing Computational Science Research Center (China)||Entanglement probe of two-impurity Kondo physics|
|134||2015/09/07, 3PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1318||Dr. Jasbinder Sanghera (U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL))||Advanced Optical Materials and Devices at NRL|
|133||Apr. 5 (Tue.), 4PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1322||Dr. Ara Go, Columbia University||A new impurity solver for multi-orbital systems: adaptive truncation of the Hilbert space|
|132||Nov. 1 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Ju-Jin Kim||Electron transport through weak-bonded contact metal with low dimensional nano-material|
|131||Nov. 1 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungWook Kim||Squeezing the best out of 2D materials|
|130||Sep. 27 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Joon Sue Lee||Spin-charge conversion in topological insulators for spintronic applications|
|129||Sep. 27 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Jindong Song||0D/1D/2D/3D III-V materials grown by MBE for Optelectronics|
|128||Sep. 10 (Tue.), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Mikhail Kiselev||Two-Stage Kondo Effect|
|127||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungWoo Nam||A family of finite-temperature electronic phase transitions in graphene multilayers|
|126||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seok Kyun Son||Graphene and hBN heterostructures|
|125||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Taeyoung Choi||Coherent Quantum Control and Magnetism on atoms – Trapped ion and ESR STM|
|124||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Hyub Baek||Epitaxial Multifunctional Oxide Thin Films for Novel Electronics|
|123||DEC. 27 (Thu), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Na Young Kim||Quantum Innovation (QuIN) Laboratory|
|122||Dec. 26 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Isaac H. Kim||Brane-like defect in 3D toric code|
|121||DEC. 16~18 (Sun~Tue)||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Keisuke Totsuka||Lectures on 2d Conformal Field Theory|
|120||DEC. 11 (Tue), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Hiroshi Shinaoka||Natural compact representation of Matsubara Green’s functions: applications to analytic continuation and quantum many-body simulations|