|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|167||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Gyung Min Choi||Spin generation from heat and light in metals|
|166||Dec. 7 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Joon Ho Jang||Novel probes of interacting electrons in 2D systems|
|165||Dec. 8(Thu) 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jinhyoung Lee, Hanyang University||Dynamical Resonance between Two Optical Cavities via Optomechanical Oscillator|
|164||Dec. 9(Fri), 1:30 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jae Yoon Cho, POSTECH||Entanglement area law in strongly-correlated systems|
|163||Dec. 9(Fri), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.||Dr. Kun Woo Kim, KIAS||Shift Charge and Spin Photocurrents in Dirac Surface States of Topological Insulator|
|162||December 13 (Fri.), 1:00 PM||#2501, E6-2||Dr. Chang-Jong Kang||Computational Material Designs: Current Status and Future Directions|
|161||December 13 (Fri.), 1:30-4:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Biophysics Mini-symposium at KAIST|
|160||December 17 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Shin-ichi Uchida||Road to Higher Tc Superconductivity|
|159||December 3 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jong Mok Ok||Toward Quantum Materials with Correlated Oxides|
|158||December 5 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soon-Hong Kwon||Subwavelenth Photonic Devices: From Single Photon Sources to Solar Cell|
|157||Feb. 1 (Wed.), 2p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michihisa Yamamoto, Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo||Quantum electron optics using flying electrons|
|156||Feb. 12 (Mon), 3:00pm||#C303, (Creation Hall 3F, KAIST Munji Campus)||Dr. Byeongsu Yang, Kamioka Observatory, Univ. of Tokyo||The recent result of XMASS Experiment|
|155||Feb. 25 - Jun 3||Rm. 1501 (E6)||Spring 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|154||February 21 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#5313, E6-2||Prof. Diptimoy Ghosh||B-meson charged current anomalies - Theoretical status|
|153||JAN. 7 (Mon), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Dr. Byoung min Kang||Many-Body Invariants for Multipoles in Higher-Order Topological Insulators|
|152||Jan.9 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Dr. Heung-Sik Kim||Molecular Mott state in the deficient spinel GaV4S8|
|151||January 23, 2019||Rm. C303, Creation Hall (3F), Munji Campus||Mikko Mottonen||Ultrasensitive Microwave Bolometer: Opportunity for Axion Detectors|
|150||Jul 3rd, 2019 (Wed)||E6-2, 2501||Kyung Soo Choi||Many-body quantum electrodynamis (QED) with atoms and photons: A new platform for quantum optics"|
|149||Jul. 07 (Thu.) 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Eun Ah Kim, CORNELL UNIV.||Let there be topological superconductors|
|148||Jul. 08 (Fri.) 11:00 AM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michael Lawler(Binghampton Univ. / Cornell Univ.)||Isostatic magnetism|