|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/03/21 - 5/30||Seminar Room #1323||Dr. Hyangtag Lim (KIST) and etc.||Spring 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/02/25 - 06/03||Seminar Room 1501||양용수 교수 (Prof. Yongsoo Yang, KAIST) and etc.||Spring 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|147||2012/02/13-05/14||E6, 1501||Kenji Ohmori (Photo-Molecular Science, IMS)||Physics Colloquium : 2012 Spring|
|146||May. 8th (Wed), 16:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jieun Lee||Imaging valley dependent electron transport in 2D semiconductors|
|145||May. 8th (Wed), 16:00||E6 Room(#1323)||Jieun Lee||Imaging valley dependent electron transport in 2D semiconductors|
|144||June 27 (Thu), 2:00 PM||#2502, E6-2||Hyun-Yong Lee||Gapless Kitaev Spin Liquid to Loop and String Gases|
|143||Jun. 16 (Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Hyochul Kim, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology||Quantum information processing using quantum dots and photonic crystal cavities|
|142||Nov. 18th (Fri) 10:30 a.m.||#5318(5th fl.)||Dr. 최 순 원, Havard University||Non-equilibrium many-body spin dynamics in diamond|
|141||Oct. 27th(Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2)||Dr. 이 강 희, KAIST, Mechnical Engineering||Terahertz Metal Optics|
|140||June 28 (Fri.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yusuke Kozuka||Magnetic domains and domain wall conduction in pyrochlore iridate thin films and heterostructures|
|139||Apr. 08 (Fri.), 13:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Yunkyu Bang, Chonnam National Univ.||Theoretical Overview of Iron-based superconductors and its future|
|138||Sep. 26 (Tue.), 11AM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Yukiaki Ishida / ISSP, University of Tokyo||Time-resolved ARPES study of Dirac and topological materials|
|137||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungWoo Nam||A family of finite-temperature electronic phase transitions in graphene multilayers|
|136||2015/11/06, 4:30 PM||E6-2, #5318||Dr. Youngkuk Kim (University of Pennsylvania)||Topological Dirac line nodes in centrosymmetric semimetals|
|135||Mar. 16 (Fri.), 04:0 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungDuck Kim||Van der Waals Heterostructures from Quantum Transport to Ultrafast Optoelectronics|
|134||May 13 (Fri.), 1:30 PM||E6. #1501(1st fl.)||Dr. Young-Woo Son, Dept. of Physics, KIAS||Aperiodic crystals in low dimensions|
|133||April 11 (Wed), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Young-Sik Ra||Non-Gaussian states of multimode light generated via hybrid quantum information processing|
|132||May. 12 (Fri.), 01:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Young Kuk Kim||Topological Dirac insulator|
|131||April 11 (Wed), 1:30pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Yongsoo Yang||Probing 3D Structure and Physical Properties of Materials at the Single-Atom Level|
|130||October 15 (Mon.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yongjoo Baek||Universal properties of macroscopic current-carrying systems|
|129||Sep. 02(Fri) 4:00 PM||E6-2(1st fl) #1323||Dr. Yong-Joo Doh, Department of Physics and Photon Science, GIST||Quantum Electrical Transport in Topological Insulator Nanowires|
|128||Sep. 02(Fri) 2:30 PM||E6-2(1st fl.), #1323||Dr. Yong-Hyun Kim,Graduate School of Nanoscience and Technology, KAIST||Nanoscale Thermal Physics: Seebeck Effect and Nanoscale Friction|