|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|206||Aug. 16 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1322 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Noejung Park (UNIST)||Phonon-driven spin-Floquet valleytro-magnetism|
|205||August. 14th (Wed.), 4:00PM,||Rm. 1323, E6||Prof. Nicolas Treps||Quantum Optics, at the heart of quantum metrology and quantum information|
|204||October 17 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Namkyoo Park||Top down manipulation of Waves : From Metamaterials, Correlated Disorder, Quantum Analogy, to Digital Processing|
|203||DEC. 27 (Thu), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Na Young Kim||Quantum Innovation (QuIN) Laboratory|
|202||June 4 (Tue.), 5:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Minsu Kim||Stochastic nature of bacterial eradication using antibiotics|
|201||2015/06/03, 12PM||Room 101, E11||Prof. Min-Kyo, Seo & Hansuek, Lee(KAIST)||The First Wednesday Multidisciplinary Forum|
|200||Nov. 10th(Thu) 4 p.m.||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Prof. Min Seok Jang, Electrical Engineering, KAIST||Low Dimensional Active Plasmonics and Electron Optics in Graphene|
|199||2018년 9월 7일 (금), 3PM||학술문화관 (E9), 2층 양승택 오디토리움||Prof. Martin Head-Gordon, UC Berkeley||Recent developments in density functional theory: From new functionals to the nature of the chemical bond|
|198||Apr. 19(Tue.), 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Mark Koepke, Department of Physics and Astronomy, West Virginia University, USA||Nonlocal collisional electron transport in partially ionized plasma generation, structure, and stability|
|197||May 9 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Kwang Geol Lee||Quantum Optical Sensing Using Single Photons And Single Photon Emission from Single Emitters|
|196||May 9 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Kwang Geol Lee||Quantum Optical Sensing Using Single Photons And Single Photon Emission from Single Emitters|
|195||October 24 (Wed.), 10:30 AM||E6-1, Lecture Room 1501(1F)||Prof. Kerry J. Vahala||Photonic integration of next-generation clocks and Hertz-absolute-accuarcy optical frequenncy synthesizers|
|194||June 14 (THU), 10:00 AM||E6-2, 2nd fl. #2502||Prof. Kenji Toyoda||Phonons and polariton-like particles in trapped ions for quantum computation and quantum simulation|
|193||DEC. 16~18 (Sun~Tue)||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Prof. Keisuke Totsuka||Lectures on 2d Conformal Field Theory|
|192||MAR. 26 (TUE), 0300 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Jung Hoon Han||Consideration of thermal Hall effect in frustrated and un-frustrated quantum magnets|
|191||October 11 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joung-Real Ahn||Dirac electrons in a graphene quasicrystal|
|190||May 2 (Thu.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joon Ik Jang||Anomalous optical properties of halide perovskites|
|189||April 11 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hyoung Lee, GIST||Massive screening for cathode active materials using deep neural network|
|188||September 20 (Thu.), 16:00||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hiuk Son||Toward Cancer Treatment Using Terahertz Radiation: Demethylation of Cancer DNA|
|187||October 18 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jongseok Lee||Applications of nonlinear optics for condensed matter researches|