|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|308||Jul. 08 (Fri.) 11:00 AM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michael Lawler(Binghampton Univ. / Cornell Univ.)||Isostatic magnetism|
|307||Nov. 16 (Wed), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Heung-Sik Kim , University of Toronto||Realizing Haldane Model in Fe-based Honeycomb Ferromagnetic Insulators|
|306||Nov. 11th (Fri), 4 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Bohm-Jung Yang, SNU||Dirac fermions in condensed matters|
|305||Feb. 1 (Wed.), 2p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michihisa Yamamoto, Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo||Quantum electron optics using flying electrons|
|304||Jul. 07 (Thu.) 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Eun Ah Kim, CORNELL UNIV.||Let there be topological superconductors|
|303||October 4 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soo Jin Kim||Engineering light absorption in an ultrathin semiconductor metafilm|
|302||October 19 (Fri.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jongsoo Yoo||Energy conversion processes during magnetic reconnection in a laboratory plasma|
|301||December 5 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soon-Hong Kwon||Subwavelenth Photonic Devices: From Single Photon Sources to Solar Cell|
|300||May 311 (Thu.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Teun-Teun Kim||Dynamic control of optical properties with gated-graphene metamaterials|
|299||November 28 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Kyung Taec Kim||Generation of coherent EUV emissions using ultrashort laser pulses|
|298||October 16 (Tue.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Won-Ki Cho||Capturing protein cluster dynamics and gene expression output in live cells|
|297||November 1 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. KyeoReh Lee||Direct holography from a single snapshot|
|296||December 13 (Fri.), 1:30-4:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Biophysics Mini-symposium at KAIST|
|295||November 5 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Shik Shin||Study on nanomaterials by the development of ultrahigh resolution laser-photoelectron microscopy (PEEM)|
|294||October 15 (Tue.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Pilkyung Moon||Moiré superlattices and graphene quasicrystal|
|293||September 18(Wed.), 16:00PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof.David Schuster||Exploring Synthetic Quantum Matter in Superconducting Circuits|
|292||Oct. 25 (Fri), 15:00 ~||#1323, E6-2||Daesu Lee,Junwoo Son,MyungJoon Han ,Siheon Ryee,Eun-Gook Moon||Physics Seminar|
|291||November 21 (Wed.), 15:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Seongshik Oh||Engineering topological quantum physics at the atomic scale|
|290||October 15 (Mon.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yongjoo Baek||Universal properties of macroscopic current-carrying systems|
|289||December 18 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Shin-ichi Uchida||Road to Higher Tc Superconductivity|