|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/03/21 - 5/30||Seminar Room #1323||Dr. Hyangtag Lim (KIST) and etc.||Spring 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/02/25 - 06/03||Seminar Room 1501||양용수 교수 (Prof. Yongsoo Yang, KAIST) and etc.||Spring 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|219||Feb. 1 (Wed.), 2p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michihisa Yamamoto, Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo||Quantum electron optics using flying electrons|
|218||October 18 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jongseok Lee||Applications of nonlinear optics for condensed matter researches|
|217||October 4 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Soo Jin Kim||Engineering light absorption in an ultrathin semiconductor metafilm|
|216||October 11 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joung-Real Ahn||Dirac electrons in a graphene quasicrystal|
|215||October 15 (Mon.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yongjoo Baek||Universal properties of macroscopic current-carrying systems|
|214||October 16 (Tue.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Won-Ki Cho||Capturing protein cluster dynamics and gene expression output in live cells|
|213||October 18 (Thu.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Duyoung Min||Understanding membrane protein folding using single-molecule force techniques|
|212||October 19 (Fri.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jongsoo Yoo||Energy conversion processes during magnetic reconnection in a laboratory plasma|
|211||September 5 (Wed.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Dirk Wulferding||Shining a light on fractional excitations|
|210||September 20 (Thu.), 16:00||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Joo-Hiuk Son||Toward Cancer Treatment Using Terahertz Radiation: Demethylation of Cancer DNA|
|209||June 27 (Wed.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jung Sik Park||Magnetic reversal of artificial spin ice|
|208||May 9 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jong-Soo Rhyee||Recent advances in thermoelectric bulk composites|
|207||May 29 (Tue.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Jae-Won Jang||Investigation on metal nanostructure/semiconductor junction and its applications|
|206||May 311 (Thu.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Teun-Teun Kim||Dynamic control of optical properties with gated-graphene metamaterials|
|205||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|204||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|203||October 25 (Thu.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Gang Li||Abelian and non-Abelian dark photons|
|202||October 26 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kyusung Hwang||Coexisting triple-point and nodal-line topological magnons and thermal Hall effect in pyrochlore iridates|
|201||November 1 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. KyeoReh Lee||Direct holography from a single snapshot|