|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|40||2018. 6. 22 10:00am ~ 11:50am||E6-6, Lecture Room 119 (1F)||Prof. Sang Bok Lee, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Univ. of Maryland||Success in Research Career|
|39||May 13 (Fri.) 4 PM||E6. #1501(1st fl.)||Dr. Hosub Jin, Dept. of Physics, UNIST||Graphene analogue in (111)- BaBiO3 bilayer heterostructures for topological electronics|
|38||May 13 (Fri.), 1:30 PM||E6. #1501(1st fl.)||Dr. Young-Woo Son, Dept. of Physics, KIAS||Aperiodic crystals in low dimensions|
|37||April 6, 2017 (Thu), 4:00 pm||IBS CAPP seminar room, Creation Hall (3F), KAIST Munji Campus||Prof. Youngjoon Kwon (Yonsei University)||For whom the Belle tolls|
|36||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Jul. 10th (Mon), 4pm||Dr. Duk Young Kim Los Alamos National Laboratory||“Intertwined Orders in a Heavy-fermion metal”|
|35||2015/10/14, 6PM||KAIST Munji Campus Supex Hall||이창환 교수 (부산대학교 물리학과)||인터스텔라 영화 속의 물리|
|34||April 4, 2016 (Mon) - April 8, 2016 (Fri)||KAIST Natural Science Building (E6-2), RM #4314||Dr. Fritz Caspers (CERN)||Radio frequency engineering|
|33||Aug. 4, 2016 (Thu.), 2:30 pm||KAIST Natural Science Building (E6-5), EDU 3.0 Room(1st fl.)||Prof. Argyris Nicolaidis||Relational Logic (with applications to Quantum Mechanics, String Theory, Cosmology, Neutrino Oscillations, Statistical Mechanics)|
|32||2014/05/28, PM5||KI Building, Matrix Hall||이웅범 대표이사(LG이노텍)||부품소재산업이 미래다|
|31||4월 18일(월), 15:30~||KI빌딩(E4), 강의실 B501 (5F)||Prof. Robert A. DiStasio Jr. (Cornell University)||First Principles Approaches for Intermolecular Interactions: From Gas-Phase Dimers to Liquid Water and Molecular Crystal Polymorphism|
|30||2017.1.9(Mon), 4PM||Lecture Hall, College of Natural Sciences [#1501,E6-2]||Prof. John Michael Kosterlitz, Brown University||Topological Defects and Phase Transitions"|
|29||May 19, 2016 (Thur.) 3PM||May 19, 2016 (Thur.) 3PM,||Dr. Michael Betz, CERN||The CERN Resonant WISP Search: Development, Results and Lesson-Learned|
|28||2016/09/05-12/12 4PM||Natual Scien Bldg.(E6)m #1501||Yeong Kwan Kim 외||Physics Colloquium : 2016 Fall|
|27||3 PM, 12 Jun (Wed), 2019||Rm# 1323, E6-2||Dr. Minyoung You||The relation between free and interacting fermionic SPT phases|
|26||8/19 (Mon), 10:00~11:30, 8/22 (Thur), 10:00~11:30||Rm. 1322, E6-2||Nicolas Treps||Tutorials on Multimode Quantum Optics in the Continuous Variable Regime|
|25||2019. 7. 16(화)||Rm. 1323 (E6-2)||Prof. Sidney Nagel||2019 Physics Distinguished Lecture|
|24||August. 14th (Wed.), 4:00PM,||Rm. 1323, E6||Prof. Nicolas Treps||Quantum Optics, at the heart of quantum metrology and quantum information|
|23||August 27 (Tue.), 4:00PM||Rm. 1323, E6||Hiroshi Eisaki||Critical current properties of Fe-based superconductors|
|22||-||RM. 1323, E6-2||Spring 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|21||Feb. 25 - Jun 3||Rm. 1501 (E6)||Spring 2019: Physics Colloquium|