|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|110||June 14, 2016 (Tue) 3PM||#1323 (E6-2 1st fl.)||Prof. Seungyong Hahn, Florida State University||No-Insulation High Temperature Superconductor Magnet Technology for Compact, Reliable, and Low-Cost High Field DC Magnets|
|109||June 17 (Mon.), 10:30 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. See-Hun Yang||Chiral Spintronics|
|108||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|107||June 27 (Thu), 2:00 PM||#2502, E6-2||Hyun-Yong Lee||Gapless Kitaev Spin Liquid to Loop and String Gases|
|106||June 27 (Wed.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jung Sik Park||Magnetic reversal of artificial spin ice|
|105||June 28 (Fri.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yusuke Kozuka||Magnetic domains and domain wall conduction in pyrochlore iridate thin films and heterostructures|
|104||June 4 (Tue.), 5:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Minsu Kim||Stochastic nature of bacterial eradication using antibiotics|
|103||Mar. 16 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. JinHee Kim||산화물 다층박막에서의 다양한 물리현상|
|102||Mar. 16 (Fri.), 04:0 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungDuck Kim||Van der Waals Heterostructures from Quantum Transport to Ultrafast Optoelectronics|
|101||Mar. 24 (Fri.), 2:30 PM||#1323 (1st fl. E6-2).||Dr. MahnSoo Choi||Topological Dynamics|
|100||Mar. 24 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl. E6-2)||Dr. SangWook Lee||Graphene based nano electronics and nano electromechanics; focusing on precise control of nano structures for studying accurate physical properties|
|99||MAR. 26 (TUE), 0300 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Jung Hoon Han||Consideration of thermal Hall effect in frustrated and un-frustrated quantum magnets|
|98||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Hyub Baek||Epitaxial Multifunctional Oxide Thin Films for Novel Electronics|
|97||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Taeyoung Choi||Coherent Quantum Control and Magnetism on atoms – Trapped ion and ESR STM|
|96||Mar. 2nd (Thu), 4:00 p.m||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jonathan Denlinger, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab||“Progress in the comparison of ARPES to DMFT for d and f strongly correlated electron systems”|
|95||May 1 (Wed), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Sungkyun Choi||Raman and x-ray scattering study on correlated electron systems: two case examples|
|94||May 11 (Wed.), 4 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Bumjoon Kim, Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research||The quest for novel high-temperature superconductors---Prospects and progress in iridates|
|93||May 13 (Fri.) 4 PM||E6. #1501(1st fl.)||Dr. Hosub Jin, Dept. of Physics, UNIST||Graphene analogue in (111)- BaBiO3 bilayer heterostructures for topological electronics|
|92||May 13 (Fri.), 1:30 PM||E6. #1501(1st fl.)||Dr. Young-Woo Son, Dept. of Physics, KIAS||Aperiodic crystals in low dimensions|
|91||May 16, 2016 (Mon) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st Fl.)||Dr. Daniel Bowring , Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory||Tuning microwave cavities with biased nonlinear dielectrics for axion searches|