|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|147||Dec. 13-14(Wed.-Thu.) 13:30 PM||자연과학동 대형강의실 (1501호)||장기주 교수 외 9명||KAIST-KIAS Joint Workshop in Theoretical Sciences 개최|
|146||Nov. 28 (Tue.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Samindranath Mitra, Editor at Physical Review Letters||Physics after the lab and the desk: Your work in PRL|
|145||Nov. 8 (Wed.), 1:00 PM||#5318 (E6-2. 5th fl.)||Prof. Y. Matsuda Department of Physics, Kyoto University||“Emergent exotic quasiparticles in quantum spin liquids”|
|144||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. SungDae Ji (Max Planck POSTECH/Hshinchu Center (MPK))||Expedition to the Kitaev Quantum Spin Liquid: Hunting for Majorana fermions|
|143||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 2:30 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. MinChul Lee(Department of Applied Physics, Kyung Hee Univ.)||Quantum Resistor-Capacitor Circuit with Majorana Edge States|
|142||Oct. 10(Tue) 4PM||E6-2 #1323||김성웅 교수 (성균관대학교 에너지과학과)||Discovery of New 2D Materials with Diverse Physical Properties|
|141||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Unexpected Electron-Pairing in Integer Quantum Hall Effect|
|140||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. GilHo Lee / Department of Physics, POSTECH||Quantum Electronic Transport in Graphene Hybrid Nanostructures|
|139||Sep. 22 (Fri.), 01:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. EunSeong Kim / Department of Physics, KAIST||Superconductor-metal-insulator transition in thin Tantalum films|
|138||Sep. 26 (Tue.), 11AM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Yukiaki Ishida / ISSP, University of Tokyo||Time-resolved ARPES study of Dirac and topological materials|
|137||Sep. 13 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||An Introduction to Quantum Spin Liquids|
|136||Sep. 12 (Tue.), 4 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Yi. Zhou (The Zhejiang Univ.)||Exact Solution for the Interacting Kitaev Chain at Symmetric Point|
|135||AUG. 31 (Thu.), 2 PM||#5318(E6-2. 5th fl.)||Prof. Hiroaki Ishizuka (The University of Tokyo)||“Berry phase and nonlinear response: photocurrent in noncentrosymmetric insulators and Weyl semimetals”|
|134||Aug. 16 (Wed.), 4 PM||#1322 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Prof. Noejung Park (UNIST)||Phonon-driven spin-Floquet valleytro-magnetism|
|133||July. 14 (Fri.), 3:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jun Hyun Lee / University of Maryland||Chiral anomaly in disordered Weyl semimetals|
|132||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Jul. 10th (Mon), 4pm||Dr. Duk Young Kim Los Alamos National Laboratory||“Intertwined Orders in a Heavy-fermion metal”|
|131||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Euyheon Hwang(황의헌)||Quasiparticle Interference and Fourier transform scanning tunneling spectroscopy in WTe2 (Weyl semimetal)|
|130||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Sang Wook Kim||Maxwell's demon in quantum wonderland|