|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|»||2015/12/09, 11AM||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)||Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light|
|44||2015/12/03, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Sang-Yun Lee (3rd institute of Physics, University of Stuttgart, Germany)||Hybrid solid state spin qubits in wide bandgap semiconductors|
|43||2015/12/02, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Dae-Jeong Kim (Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Irvine)||Samarium Hexaboride: Is it a Topological insulator?|
|42||2015/12/01, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Yeong Kwan Kim(Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA)||Introducing extra dimensions to spectroscopic studies of advanced quantum materials|
|41||2015/11/28, 10AM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Suyong Jung (Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science)||Electron Tunneling Spectroscopy of Single and Bilayer Graphene with Hexagonal Boron Nitride as Tunneling Barrier|
|40||2015/11/23, 1:30PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Michael Park (Stanford University)||What's Beyond the Standard Model? Lessons from Run I and what might come in Run II|
|39||2015/11/19, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Daesu Lee (University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Emergent Collective Phenomena and Functions at Reduced Dimensions|
|38||2015/11/24, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Kab-Jin Kim (Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Japan)||Topology-based understanding of spin dynamics in inhomogeneously magnetized systems|
|37||2015/11/10, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Woosuk Bang (Physics division, Los Alamos National Laboratory)||Rapid heating of matter using high power lasers|
|36||2015/11/06, 4:30 PM||E6-2, #5318||Dr. Youngkuk Kim (University of Pennsylvania)||Topological Dirac line nodes in centrosymmetric semimetals|
|35||2015/10/23, 3PM||E6-2, #5318||Dr. Helmut Soltner (Forschungszentrum Juelich)||Development of a Rogowski Coil as a new beam position monitor|
|34||2015/10/23-12/4 10:30 AM||E6, #1501||Prof. YongKeun Park & Prof. Tae-Young Yoon||How to write a good scientific paper[Open lecture series]|
|33||2015/10/16, 3PM||E6-2, 5th fl. #5318||Dr. Pierre Pugnat , (CNRS-LNCMI)||High Magnetic Fields to Probe the sub-eV range of Particle/Astroparticle Physics - From the OSQAR experiments at CERN up to new perspectives at LNCMI-Grenoble|
|32||2015/10/15, 10AM||E6-2, 5th fl. #5318||Dr. Mark D. Bird (Florida State University)||Development of Large-Bore, High Field Magnets at the NHMFL|
|31||2015/10/14, 6PM||KAIST Munji Campus Supex Hall||이창환 교수 (부산대학교 물리학과)||인터스텔라 영화 속의 물리|
|30||2015/10/16, 4PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Prof. Yung-Fu Chen(Solid-state Laser Physics Laboratory,National Central University)||Fluctuations of entropy production in partially masked electric circuits|
|29||2015/09/14, 2PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Dr. Hae Ja Lee ( Stanford University, SLAC )||Ultrafast X-ray Studies on Dynamics Matter in Extreme Conditions|
|28||2015/09/07-12/01||E6, 1501||문은국 교수(KAIST) 외||Physics Colloquium : 2015 Fall|
|27||2015/09/07, 3PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1318||Dr. Jasbinder Sanghera (U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL))||Advanced Optical Materials and Devices at NRL|
|26||2015/08/03,10:30AM||E6-2, #1323 (Seminar Room)||Dr. Jonghee Yoo (Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, USA )||Axion Search|