|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|38||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Jul. 10th (Mon), 4pm||Dr. Duk Young Kim Los Alamos National Laboratory||“Intertwined Orders in a Heavy-fermion metal”|
|37||Nov. 20 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Online||Dr. Doohee Cho||Lumpy Cooper pairs in an iron-based superconductor|
|36||Nov. 9 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Donghun Lee||Quantum sensing and imaging with diamond defect centers for nano-scale spin physics|
|35||Nov. 04 (Fri), 3:00 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Dohun Kim, Department of Physics and Astronomy, SNU||Quantum information experiments using few electron spins in semiconductors|
|34||Nov. 20 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||Online||Dr. Dohun Kim||Coherent control of field gradient induced quantum dot spin qubits|
|33||September 5 (Wed.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Dirk Wulferding||Shining a light on fractional excitations|
|32||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|31||June 22 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Daniel Sando||Tuning functional properties of BiFeO3 films using strain and growth chemistry|
|30||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Daniel Kyungdeock Park||Quantum Advantage in Learning Parity with Noise|
|29||May 16, 2016 (Mon) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st Fl.)||Dr. Daniel Bowring , Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory||Tuning microwave cavities with biased nonlinear dielectrics for axion searches|
|28||2015/11/19, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Daesu Lee (University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Emergent Collective Phenomena and Functions at Reduced Dimensions|
|27||Oct. 16 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||https://kaist.zoom.us/j/89198078609||Dr. Daesu Lee||Hidden room-temperature ferroelectricity in CaTiO3 revealed by a metastable octahedral rotation pattern|
|26||2015/12/02, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Dae-Jeong Kim (Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, University of California, Irvine)||Samarium Hexaboride: Is it a Topological insulator?|
|25||Oct. 16 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||https://kaist.zoom.us/j/89198078609||Dr. Chulki Kim||Nanoscale magnetic resonance detection towards nano MRI|
|24||Oct. 07 (Fri), 4:00 PM||E6-2. #1323(1st fl.)||Dr. Choong Hyun Kim,IBS-CCES, Seoul National University||“Tilt engineering of 4d and 5d transition metal oxides?”|
|23||Apr. 08 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||E6-2. 5st fl. #1501||Dr. Changyoung Kim, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIV.||Spectroscopic studies of iron-based superconductors : what have we learned?|
|22||Sep. 4 (Tue), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Dr. Changmin Lee, MIT||Ultrafast time- and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (tr-ARPES) with extreme ultraviolet laser pulses|
|21||December 13 (Fri.), 1:00 PM||#2501, E6-2||Dr. Chang-Jong Kang||Computational Material Designs: Current Status and Future Directions|
|20||Apr. 28 (Thu.) 3PM||#2501(E6-2. 2nd fl.)||Dr. Chang Hee Sohn, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY||Lattice/Spin/Charge Coupling in 5d Pyrochlore Cd2Os2O7|
|19||Oct. 18 (Tue.), 1:30 PM||1st fl. #1323(E6-2)||Dr. Chan-Ho Yang, Department of Physics, KAIST||"Visualization of oxygen vacancy in motion and the interplay with electronic conduction"|