|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||Sep.22 2022||E6-1 #1323||2022 가을학기 응집물리 및 광학 세미나 전체 일정|
|136||May. 11 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Nam Kim||암페어 단위 재정의와 단전자 펌프 소자 개발|
|135||April 26 (Tue), 4PM||#1323(1st Floor. E6-2)||Dr. Myung-Ho Bae, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science||Transport spectroscopy for electronic bands in carbon-based nanomaterials with weak-bond contacts|
|134||Aug.12(Fri.) 10:00AM, 2022||E6-1 #1323||Dr. Moon Jip Park (Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems, IBS)||Twisted Bilayer Magnets|
|133||3 PM, 12 Jun (Wed), 2019||Rm# 1323, E6-2||Dr. Minyoung You||The relation between free and interacting fermionic SPT phases|
|132||Sep. 29 (Thu), 4:00 PM||E6-2. #2501(2nd fl.)||Dr. Minu Kim, Institute for Basic Science, Seoul National University||Exploring the phase diagram of BaBiO3: epic voyage of just another bad trip?|
|131||Apr. 28 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Minkyung Jung Research Institute, DGIST||Carbon nanotubes coupled to superconducting impedance matching circuits|
|130||July 30 (Tue), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Mingu Kang||Dirac fermions and flat bands in correlated kagome metals|
|129||Nov. 3 (Fri.), 2:30 PM||#1323 (1st fl., E6-2.)||Dr. MinChul Lee(Department of Applied Physics, Kyung Hee Univ.)||Quantum Resistor-Capacitor Circuit with Majorana Edge States|
|128||Sep. 10 (Tue.), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Mikhail Kiselev||Two-Stage Kondo Effect|
|127||Feb. 1 (Wed.), 2p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michihisa Yamamoto, Department of Applied Physics, The University of Tokyo||Quantum electron optics using flying electrons|
|126||2015/11/23, 1:30PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Michael Park (Stanford University)||What's Beyond the Standard Model? Lessons from Run I and what might come in Run II|
|125||Jul. 08 (Fri.) 11:00 AM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Michael Lawler(Binghampton Univ. / Cornell Univ.)||Isostatic magnetism|
|124||May 19, 2016 (Thur.) 3PM||May 19, 2016 (Thur.) 3PM,||Dr. Michael Betz, CERN||The CERN Resonant WISP Search: Development, Results and Lesson-Learned|
|123||2015/10/15, 10AM||E6-2, 5th fl. #5318||Dr. Mark D. Bird (Florida State University)||Development of Large-Bore, High Field Magnets at the NHMFL|
|122||Mar. 24 (Fri.), 2:30 PM||#1323 (1st fl. E6-2).||Dr. MahnSoo Choi||Topological Dynamics|
|121||October 26 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kyusung Hwang||Coexisting triple-point and nodal-line topological magnons and thermal Hall effect in pyrochlore iridates|
|120||2015/07/16, 4PM||E6-2, 1318||Dr. Kyunghan Hong(MIT)||Next-generation ultrafast laser technology for nonlinear optics and strong-field physics|
|119||Aug.18 (Thr), 10:00 AM||E6-1 #1323||Dr. Kyoung-Min Kim (Center for Theoretical Physics of Complex Systems, IBS)||Disorder-driven phase transition in the second-order non-Hermitian skin effect|
|118||November 1 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. KyeoReh Lee||Direct holography from a single snapshot|
|117||2016/03/11 1:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Kwon Park||Topological phases of matter in nonequilibrium: Topology of the Wannier-Stark ladder|