|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|175||June 17 (Mon.), 10:30 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. See-Hun Yang||Chiral Spintronics|
|174||June 14, 2016 (Tue) 3PM||#1323 (E6-2 1st fl.)||Prof. Seungyong Hahn, Florida State University||No-Insulation High Temperature Superconductor Magnet Technology for Compact, Reliable, and Low-Cost High Field DC Magnets|
|173||June 14 (THU), 10:00 AM||E6-2, 2nd fl. #2502||Prof. Kenji Toyoda||Phonons and polariton-like particles in trapped ions for quantum computation and quantum simulation|
|172||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Sang Wook Kim||Maxwell's demon in quantum wonderland|
|171||Jun. 2 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Euyheon Hwang(황의헌)||Quasiparticle Interference and Fourier transform scanning tunneling spectroscopy in WTe2 (Weyl semimetal)|
|170||Jun. 18 (MON), 10:00 AM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2502||Dr. Thibault VOGT||Rydberg electromagnetically induced transparency and microwave-to-optical conversion using Rydberg atoms|
|169||Jun. 16 (Thu) 4PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Hyochul Kim, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology||Quantum information processing using quantum dots and photonic crystal cavities|
|168||Jun. 14 (Tue) 4PM||Seminar Room (#2502, 2nd fl.)||Young-Sik Ra, Université Pierre et Marie Curie||Photonic quantum network based on multimode squeezed vacuums and single-photon subtraction|
|167||Jun. 1(Wed) 10:30 AM||BK21 Conference Room (#1318, E6-2)||Dr. Noriaki Horiuchi, Editor, Nature Photonics||Welcome to Nature Photonics|
|166||Jun. 01 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Seung Sae Hong||Topological phases in low-dimensional quantum materials|
|165||Jun 28, 14:00||E6-2, #1322||Dr. Bongjae Kim, Dr. Sooran Kim, Dr. Jeongwoon Hwang||1st Research-exchange meeting of computational material physics|
|164||Jun 24 (Mon) 11:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Henning Schomerus||Topological photonic anomalies|
|163||Jun 1 (Wed) 4 PM||#1323(E6-2 1st fl.)||Kil-Byoung Chai, Caltech||Laboratory experiments relevant to mesospheric clouds, Saturn’s rings & astrophysical jets|
|162||July. 14 (Fri.), 3:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jun Hyun Lee / University of Maryland||Chiral anomaly in disordered Weyl semimetals|
|161||July 9 (Mon.), 14:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Prof. Cesar A. Hidalgo, MediaLab, MIT||The principles of collective learning|
|160||July 8(Mon), 14:00||E6, #1322||T. L. M. Guedes (Univ. of Konstanz)||Ultrabroadband squeezed pulses and their relation to relativity|
|159||July 31(Wed.)/ 16:00||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Ivan Borzenets||Features of ballistic superconducting graphene|
|158||July 30 (Tue), 4:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Mingu Kang||Dirac fermions and flat bands in correlated kagome metals|
|157||July 27, 2018 at 15:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Dr. Hyejung Kim(Technische University Dresden)||Muon g-2 in the 2HDM and MSSM: comprehensive numerical analysis and absolute maxima|
|156||July 26, 2018 at 14:00||Room 5318, KAIST Natural Sciences Lecture Hall(E6).||Manki Kim (Department of Physics, Cornell University)||Inflation in String Theory and Backreaction|