|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|공지||2019/09/18 - 12/5||Seminar Room #1323||Prof. David Schuster and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Seminar Serises|
|공지||2019/09/02 - 12/09||Seminar Room 1501||이호성 박사 (한국표준과학연구원) and etc.||Fall 2019: Physics Colloquium|
|254||2018. 6. 22 10:00am ~ 11:50am||E6-6, Lecture Room 119 (1F)||Prof. Sang Bok Lee, Dept. of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Univ. of Maryland||Success in Research Career|
|253||February 13th (Thur.), 16:30 PM||E6-6, #119||Dr. Seyoon Kim(University of Wisconsin-Madison)||Enhanced Light-Matter Interactions in Graphene with Noble Metal Plasmonic Structures|
|252||Apr. 08 (Fri.), 4:00 PM||E6-2. 5st fl. #1501||Dr. Changyoung Kim, SEOUL NATIONAL UNIV.||Spectroscopic studies of iron-based superconductors : what have we learned?|
|251||Sep. 4 (Tue), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Dr. Changmin Lee, MIT||Ultrafast time- and angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy (tr-ARPES) with extreme ultraviolet laser pulses|
|250||May. 3 (Fri), 11:00 AM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2502||Prof. Changhee Sohn||Exotic Magnetism|
|249||NOV. 23 (Fri), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Sang-Jin Sin||Entanglement string and Spin Liquid with Holographic duality|
|248||JAN. 7 (Mon), 03:00 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Dr. Byoung min Kang||Many-Body Invariants for Multipoles in Higher-Order Topological Insulators|
|247||MAR. 26 (TUE), 0300 PM||E6-2. 2st fl. #2501||Prof. Jung Hoon Han||Consideration of thermal Hall effect in frustrated and un-frustrated quantum magnets|
|246||Jun. 18 (MON), 10:00 AM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2502||Dr. Thibault VOGT||Rydberg electromagnetically induced transparency and microwave-to-optical conversion using Rydberg atoms|
|245||2015/10/16, 4PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Prof. Yung-Fu Chen(Solid-state Laser Physics Laboratory,National Central University)||Fluctuations of entropy production in partially masked electric circuits|
|244||2015/09/14, 2PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Dr. Hae Ja Lee ( Stanford University, SLAC )||Ultrafast X-ray Studies on Dynamics Matter in Extreme Conditions|
|243||Jan.9 (Wed.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2501||Dr. Heung-Sik Kim||Molecular Mott state in the deficient spinel GaV4S8|
|242||2016/03/11 1:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Kwon Park||Topological phases of matter in nonequilibrium: Topology of the Wannier-Stark ladder|
|241||2016/03/11 4 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Tae-Hwan KIM (POSTECH)||Jan. Switching handedness of of chiral solitons in Z4 topological insulators|
|240||Apr. 01 (Fri.) 2:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. KICHEON KANG, Chonnam National University||Interference of single charged particles without a loop and dynamic nonlocality|
|239||Apr. 01 (Fri.) 4:15 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. JONG SOO LIM, KIAS||Cotunneling drag effect in Coulomb-coupled quantum dots|
|238||Apr. 08 (Fri.), 13:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Yunkyu Bang, Chonnam National Univ.||Theoretical Overview of Iron-based superconductors and its future|
|237||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Daniel Kyungdeock Park||Quantum Advantage in Learning Parity with Noise|
|236||Oct. 12 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. HyungWoo Lee||Direct observation of a two-dimensional hole gas at oxide interfaces|
|235||Apr. 28 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. JeongYoung Park Graduate School of EEWS, KAIST||Hot electron generation at surfaces and its impact to catalysis and renewable energy conversion|