|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|116||2016/03/11 1:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Kwon Park||Topological phases of matter in nonequilibrium: Topology of the Wannier-Stark ladder|
|115||2015/12/11, 1:30PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. KwangYong Choi (Chung-Ang University)||Quantum spin liquid in the 1/3 depleted triangular lattice Ba3(Ru1-xIrx)Ti2O9|
|114||7월 29일(목) 오후 2시 ~ 오후 4시||Online seminar||Dr. Kunio Kaneta(KIAS)||Gravitationally Induced Dark Sector and Inflationary Dynamics|
|113||May. 13 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||Zoom webinar||Dr. Kun-Rok Jeon(Department of Physics, Chung-Ang University)||Topological Superconducting Spintronics Towards Zero-Power Computing Technologies|
|112||Dec. 9(Fri), 4p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.||Dr. Kun Woo Kim, KIAS||Shift Charge and Spin Photocurrents in Dirac Surface States of Topological Insulator|
|111||May. 11 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Kun Woo Kim||Disordered Floquet topological insulators|
|110||May 31 (Tue.) 4 PM||#1323(E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Kimin Kim, KAIST||Understanding 3D tokamak physics towards advanced control of toroidal plasma|
|109||Apr. 01 (Fri.) 2:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. KICHEON KANG, Chonnam National University||Interference of single charged particles without a loop and dynamic nonlocality|
|108||Nov. 11th(Fri), 1:30 p.m.||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Keun Su Kim, POSTECH||Bandgap Engineering of Black Phosphorus|
|107||Jun. 11 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||Online seminar||Dr. Keun Su Kim(Yonsei University)||Pseudogap in surface-doped black phosphorus|
|106||November 29 (Thu.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Kee suk Hong||양자 칸델라 실현을 위한 단일 광자 발생장치 개발|
|105||Apr. 1(Fri.), 04:00 PM||Zoom webinar||Dr. Kayoung Lee (KAIST)||High-field Electron Transport and Interaction Induced Phenomena in 2D Materials|
|104||2015/11/24, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Kab-Jin Kim (Institute for Chemical Research, Kyoto University, Japan)||Topology-based understanding of spin dynamics in inhomogeneously magnetized systems|
|103||Jul. 08 (Fri.) 2PM||#1323(E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Junhyun Lee, Harvard University||Electronic quasiparticles in the quantum dimer model|
|102||Oct. 18 (Tue.), 3PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. JunHo Suh, Korea Research Institute of Standards and Science||“Hybrid quantum systems with mechanical oscillators”|
|101||2015/12/17, 11:00AM||E4(KI Building), Matrix Hall (2nd fl.)||Dr. Jung-Hoon Park (Purdue University)||Wavefront engineering for in-vivo Deep brain imaging|
|100||June 27 (Wed.), 13:30 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Jung Sik Park||Magnetic reversal of artificial spin ice|
|99||July. 14 (Fri.), 3:00 PM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Jun Hyun Lee / University of Maryland||Chiral anomaly in disordered Weyl semimetals|
|98||Nov. 1 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Ju-Jin Kim||Electron transport through weak-bonded contact metal with low dimensional nano-material|
|97||Sep. 27 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Joon Sue Lee||Spin-charge conversion in topological insulators for spintronic applications|