|장소||E4(KI Building), Connect room (2nd fl.)|
|연사||Arjun G. Yodh (University of Pennsylvania)|
Functional Imaging & Monitoring of Brain & Breast with Diffuse Light
Functional diffuse optical imaging and spectroscopy of tissue is gaining momentum as a diagnostic in a variety of medical scenarios including breast cancer imaging, functional activation and clinical studies of brain, cancer therapy monitoring and the investigation of muscle disease [1, 2, 3]. After a short introduction to diffuse optics, I will review several recent clinical studies from my lab, particularly those oriented towards breast cancer and brain function. Central to the breast cancer effort is a pilot clinical trial  which has taken important steps towards quantitative assessment of diffuse optics for detection and characterization of tumors , and helps to spin-off problems such as cancer therapy monitoring. A second important application of diffuse optical methods is in the area of brain function and physiology wherein the interplay between tissue oxygen consumption, vascular supply, and regulatory effects remains poorly understood. The utility of this approach in brain will be demonstrated in several contexts, including the care of acute ischemic stroke (AIS) patients in the clinic [6, 7].
1. Durduran, T., Choe, R., Baker, W.B, and Yodh, A.G., Reports on Progress in
Physics, 73, 076701 (2010).
2. Mesquita, R.C., Durduran, T., Yu, G., Buckley, E.M., Kim, M.N., Zhou, C., Choe, R., Sunar, U., Yodh, A.G., Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 369, 4358-4379 (2011).
3. Durduran, T., and Yodh, A.G., Neuroimage 85, 51-63 (2014).
4. Choe, R., Konecky, S.D., Corlu, A., Lee, K., Durduran, T., Busch, D.R., Pathak, S., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., Fraker, D.L., DeMichele, A., Chance, B., Arridge, S.R., Schweiger, M., Culver, J.P., Schnall, M.D., Putt, M.E., Rosen, M.A., and Yodh, A.G., Journal of Biomedical Optics 14, 024020 (2009).
5. Busch, D.R., Choe, R., Rosen, M.A., Guo, W., Durduran, T., Feldman, M.D., Mies, C., Czerniecki, B.J., Tchou, J., DeMichele, A., Schnall, M.D., and Yodh, A.G., Biomedical Optics Express 4, 105-121 (2013).
6. Durduran, T., Zhou, C., Edlow, B.L., Yu, G., Choe, R., Kim, M.N., Cucchiara, B.L., Putt, M.E., Shah, Q., Kasner, S.E., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Optics Express 17, 3884-3902 (2009).
7. Kim, M.N., Edlow, B.L., Durduran, T., Frangos, S., Mesquita, R.C., Levine, J.M., Greenberg, J.H., Yodh, A.G., and Detre, J.A., Nerocritical Care 20, 443-453, DOI
|188||Sep. 26 (Tue.), 11AM||#1323 (E6-2. 1st fl.)||Dr. Yukiaki Ishida / ISSP, University of Tokyo||Time-resolved ARPES study of Dirac and topological materials|
|187||Nov. 1 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungWook Kim||Squeezing the best out of 2D materials|
|186||Apr. 19 (Fri.), 02:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungWoo Nam||A family of finite-temperature electronic phase transitions in graphene multilayers|
|185||2015/11/06, 4:30 PM||E6-2, #5318||Dr. Youngkuk Kim (University of Pennsylvania)||Topological Dirac line nodes in centrosymmetric semimetals|
|184||Mar. 16 (Fri.), 04:0 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. YoungDuck Kim||Van der Waals Heterostructures from Quantum Transport to Ultrafast Optoelectronics|
|183||May 13 (Fri.), 1:30 PM||E6. #1501(1st fl.)||Dr. Young-Woo Son, Dept. of Physics, KIAS||Aperiodic crystals in low dimensions|
|182||April 11 (Wed), 4:00pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Young-Sik Ra||Non-Gaussian states of multimode light generated via hybrid quantum information processing|
|181||May. 12 (Fri.), 01:30 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Young Kuk Kim||Topological Dirac insulator|
|180||May. 13 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||자연과학동(E6-2) 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Yosep Kim(Center for Quantum Information, KIST)||High-fidelity iToffoli gate for fixed-frequency superconducting qubits|
|179||Jun. 10 (Fri.), 11:00 AM||Online seminar||Dr. Yoon Jang Chung(Laboratory for Physical Sciences, University of Maryland)||Record-quality two-dimensional electron systems|
|178||April 11 (Wed), 1:30pm||#1323 (E6-2, 1st fl.)||Dr. Yongsoo Yang||Probing 3D Structure and Physical Properties of Materials at the Single-Atom Level|
|177||October 15 (Mon.), 16:00 PM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Yongjoo Baek||Universal properties of macroscopic current-carrying systems|
|176||Sep. 02(Fri) 4:00 PM||E6-2(1st fl) #1323||Dr. Yong-Joo Doh, Department of Physics and Photon Science, GIST||Quantum Electrical Transport in Topological Insulator Nanowires|
|175||Sep. 02(Fri) 2:30 PM||E6-2(1st fl.), #1323||Dr. Yong-Hyun Kim,Graduate School of Nanoscience and Technology, KAIST||Nanoscale Thermal Physics: Seebeck Effect and Nanoscale Friction|
|174||2015/12/01, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Yeong Kwan Kim(Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA)||Introducing extra dimensions to spectroscopic studies of advanced quantum materials|
|173||2015/11/10, 4PM||E6-2, #1323||Dr. Woosuk Bang (Physics division, Los Alamos National Laboratory)||Rapid heating of matter using high power lasers|
|172||October 16 (Tue.), 10:00 AM||#1323, E6-2||Dr. Won-Ki Cho||Capturing protein cluster dynamics and gene expression output in live cells|
|171||Jun. 18 (MON), 10:00 AM||E6-2. 2nd fl. #2502||Dr. Thibault VOGT||Rydberg electromagnetically induced transparency and microwave-to-optical conversion using Rydberg atoms|
|170||Mar. 29 (Fri.), 04:00 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1323||Dr. Taeyoung Choi||Coherent Quantum Control and Magnetism on atoms – Trapped ion and ESR STM|
|169||2016/03/11 4 PM||E6-2. 1st fl. #1501||Dr. Tae-Hwan KIM (POSTECH)||Jan. Switching handedness of of chiral solitons in Z4 topological insulators|